Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of photographing the first ever test for the Householder Motorsports Trophy Truck today. This truck also happens to be the first Trophy Truck built by Blitzkrieg Motorsports. If you didn't know it you'd never believe this was the first shakedown for the truck. The assembly and preparation was of the utmost quality. The stable and predictable handling are true testaments to the engineering and fabrication that went in to building this truck. Over all I think it was a hugely successful day for both Householder Motorsports, and BMS, but I will let the team and builder comment more about that. For now I will share some stills for all of you who couldn't actually be there.

Action shots coming soon!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Third Run, significantly faster, even caught me off guard with the speed at the road x-ing.

Nate

Slideways, sprint car style

Trust, just like sitting in the right seat, as a photographer you have to trust the driver with your life.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
MAN they put that thing together QUICK! It seems like just yesterday I started watching the build thread! Great job as usual, BMS!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is what BMS posted about the specs, and some more images.

Dimensions
Chassis BMS TT Chassis
Wheelbase 125 inches
Track Width 90 inches
Weight 5000

Suspension
Front A-arm, 24” wheel travel, Boxed 4130 Lower, Machined 7075 Upper, BMS 2.5 Race Hubs
Rear Four Link, 30” wheel travel
Shocks King shock technology – one coil over, one 5 Tube bypass shock per wheel
Tires BFG Project 39 x 13.5 x 17
Wheels BTR 17 x 8 forged beadlocks
Brakes 4 wheel disc CNC 6 piston calipers and Tubeworks rotors
Steering Howe 2.75 Truggy Rack
Fuel 83 gallon Custom Fuel Safe cell

Engine
Type Olson Racing Engines SBC
Fuel Delivery & Mgt. Carburated
Horsepower 800 HP

Drivetrain
Transmission Culhane TH400
Rear End BMS 4” Housing with 3.25” Floater Hubs
Gearing Tubeworks 10” 5.43 Ratio

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is that camber right? I have no idea, and am just asking...
Yes, since the truck is leaned over in the turn it appears that the front tires are also leaned over. This it typical on an a-arm vehicle. The rear tires are the opposite because that's a solid axel and the right side tire is up on the berm.

Looks nice.

What is this?

that is a Bunderson Air Jack, pricey but very light and fast for lifting op a race truck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it took about a year, maybe a little less. The Householder team did all the paneling, pluming and finish work, basically BMS provided them a roller.

The frist race is going to me the MORE race July 19th, then again the MDR Race Aug. 16th. After those 2 shake down races I believe the plan is to race the BITD Henderson Race Dec 6th and the BITD Season next year.

Here is a little video that Brad from Sud Productions put together.

YouTube - Householder Testing

·
Registered
29 Posts
They will do fine at MORE and MDR but it's gonna require a lil less lifting of the right foot to do well in BITD...

Don't get your panties wadded up I'm just kidding....Truck looks great

1 - 20 of 39 Posts