Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Houston, we have a problem. (**MORE**Broken Chit Pics)

Ok... so regardless of HOW it happened (o_O), I uh... broke a couple things.

:D

EDIT: Now that I havethe tailhousing out, i took another pic of the real carnage on it. Ouch.

:eek:

What do you all think would be the most cost effective way to fix this?

Pick and pull a new case (242, btw).
just pick-and pull or find used the tailhousing and extension housing, which are seriously fawked.
Or...
and get a SYE now, might as well?

Keep in mind, the SOONER I get this done (meaning this weekend, preferably) the better.

Tell me what you think the best C.O.A. is going to be.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you say its teh easiest?

Pick and pull the two housings cant be more than 50 dollars, and easier to install.

definitely if i had the cash, SYE, but do you really think it would be easier or cheaper?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you toss both teh tailhousing and extension housing with a SYE, or just the extension housing?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Taking the case apart and putting it back together is a bigger deal than you make it...and I don't know how rare 242s are but I don't see alot.

On the other hand I have a NP231 I'll see you for cheap. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
ive got one sitting in my garage. needs a new seal for the output, $20 shipped its yours.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
youve got the 242?

Jason, Im not taking apart and rebuilding this.... Just slapping on a new tailhousing and extension housing.

Hardest part is thie goddamned snap ring! lol

eb, where are you located?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I know that you skimmed over it, but how did that happen? I think that will determine if you should keep the case and just replace the tailhousings. There were two 242s at the PNP here in Rocklin last weekend.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm rocklin might not be TOO far, was hoping to go to the one in fairfield thats the closest.

So whats the deal with picknpull, why cant I call and see if tey have a part, or at least if they have any of the vehicles in the yard?

All they have is a voice recording.

Do you think theyd have a problem with me just grabbing the tailhousing and extension housing off the 242? I shouldnt have to get the whole case.

IM also looking for a D44 out of a 87 cherokee. Looks like I fawked up my yoke a little too, and I guess nows a good a time as any to put in a beefier axle.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bah.

See anew post, and i come in only to see you people talking about ducttape...
:rolleyes:

I already used plenty of ducttape on this, now i need real parts, and I need em now!

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
Click on link in sig to find the address, its on the way to PNP from Walnut Creek. Open tommarow from 10-2pm. I know we have take offs of both the peices you need, bring the old parts to compare because I dont know if the stuff we have will work for you but hey its worth a try. Steve will be the guy there;)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
gripguru said:
I know that you skimmed over it, but how did that happen?
I can not speak for the original poster here, but back when my YJ was a little baby stock Jeep, and I was young, dumb, and fulla cum, I busted up the same parts from jumping my Jeep, repeatedly, at high speed.;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
PNP

It works for your advantage that they really don't know what is on the lot;)

You can take whatever parts you want and tell them they are a chevy pulley. $10.00 :p

specialtyparts will surely have anything you want. I wanted to see if you fawked some of the internals of the case before you polish a broken turd. I have been there before.

You will not likely find that 44 at PNP. They never seem to get that one.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well its worth a look.
Regardless, ill either be driving home with a 44 or a 35 yoke.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts