Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I pulled my axles out yesterday to get started on my axle swap. The truck looks like a hover car from Back To The Future all jacked up with no axles. :cow::cow::cow:

Here are a couple of pictures of the front axle removal in progress:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Won't be long now! What's going in the rear? I assume you are doing the standard coil/radius arm swap up front? EB width or full?

Cool Paul:cool2:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Wouldn't EB width axles put the tires right up against the frame? I just thought they were alot more narrow.

Oh, wait a minute. That's an explorer isn't it. Sorry I wasn't paying attention

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full width Dana 44 in front, coils(or if I sell all my junk maybe coilovers) with radius arms and full width 8.8" rear. I'm going with the 8.8" because I can do it cheaper by transfering over my current gears, locker and brakes. Also got a great deal on the full width axle.

The Mustangs:
The grey one is my '79 and it runs but I need to swap the carb and fix up a few minor details. It is ready to drive on the street but the insurance expired before I was able to get it to pass emissions. The carb should fix that. The red one is an '86 that I bought for my sister but she has since moved away so now it is mine I guess. It needs a little work and I may turn it into a dedicated drag racer if I keep it around long enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts