Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so lookin into the whole ffl thing I found sites that sold kits of all forms and all that and what to expect blah blah blah. Well this one site kinda stood out cause it had 3 in 1. http://www.easyffl.com/home.html now its stupidly cheap so im a lil wary of it but what do ya think?

On their site they also have links to gunsmithing degrees at phoenix state univ. Its all online and the master gunsmith cert is only 150. It says this degree will meet atf cert standards since they are accredited. For an extra 100 you can get certified as a reloader through PSU online courses. Whats the catch here? Is it basically the accredidation doesn't mean anything or is it really a good deal?

http://www.becomeagunsmith.com/aboutpsu.html

http://www.e-psu.com/home.html

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
The book has some good info in it, especially if you are wanting to do it out of your house. Tell ya what, pm me your address and I will mail you my copy. I will just ask that you mail it back when you get done reading it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i cant send a pm something about a security token missing! Anyway call 417-718-1289 for adress Thanks. I would post it up here but I'm afraid of the glitter bombs!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya I'm real smart:homer: Sent the Email

Thanks again, Keith Russell

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i sent it to the email in your profile. I guess you got it fine:homer:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
On their site they also have links to gunsmithing degrees at phoenix state univ. Its all online and the master gunsmith cert is only 150. It says this degree will meet atf cert standards since they are accredited.
ATF cert standards?
Anyone know what that even means?
The ATF does not certify gun smiths.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aight I did some searchin I'm in res zoning:mad3: Schmozilla told his atf agent he was only selling online and wouldn't have an actual store and he was fine so would it even matter what zoning i'm in if I do the same?

I got all the forms today:D

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
It doesn't matter what zoning youre in as long as you aren't breaking any codes. Like signage, excessive traffic, loud noise, etc.

BTW, I am glad you bumped this thread. I had forgotten to send you the book. I will drop it in the mail in the morning :homer:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
Aight I did some searchin I'm in res zoning:mad3: Schmozilla told his atf agent he was only selling online and wouldn't have an actual store and he was fine so would it even matter what zoning i'm in if I do the same?

I got all the forms today:D
Did you speak to someone in your local zoning department?

I am not allowed to have a retail store here...and I don't. I am allowed to gunsmith and manufacturer.

TALK to your local zoning folks, the ATF agent will. Get the persons name. Talk to them and ask them exactly what can you do from home.
Can you sell online?
Can you do gunsmithing from home?
Can you do special orders for people? ie no at home inventory, no store, no signs, etc. john Doe wants a remington 870 so you order him one.
What about in home transfers? John Doe buys a gun from gunbroker but needs someone local to do the transfer.

All of these actions require a Type-01 dealer license from the ATF. Find out exactly what your local zoning people say you can do from home. Come up with a business plan based around that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts