Pirate 4x4 banner

How can I find GCWR for 89 F250?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  welndmn 
#1 ·
1989 F-250 7.3 5 spd, reg cab 4x4, 3.55s axle code 39

Trying to rent a u-haul car trailer. Need to show tow capacity. Manual shows 3 options based on GCWR. Unfortunately, my doors have been replaced so I can't just look at the data sticker. And my google fu is failing me. Called my guy at the local dealership and he just laughed. A lot.

Any ideas? I see talk about old tow reference manuals, but haven't found any online that go back that far.

#6 ·
I'm hoping for something to actually show her. "Because we're going to check anyways." And she's just doing her job. They're the only uhaul around, and it's actually at the local electronics repair shop. I guess they took uhaul as a side gig when TV repair became nonexistent. She doesn't know much about towing :laughing:

#14 · (Edited)
1989 F-250 7.3 5 spd, reg cab 4x4, 3.55s axle code 39... Unfortunately, my doors have been replaced so I can't just look at the data sticker...
On my 87 F350 there's a tag on the drivers side door jamb that shows all of the axle ratings as well as payload, GVWR, etc.
Why not share your GVWR, engine, trans and axle ratios for comparison?

#16 ·
Not always, my 86 F350 had it on the door, as well as LOTS of older trucks. I have no idea why they would ever do that, the driver door is likely to be replaced sometime in the trucks life. And yes, the P.O. of my truck replaced the door when he had it painted. Thankfully he gave me the old door with it so I had the sticker.
Travis..

#17 ·
Last time I rented a Uhaul trailer, what they want to know the hitch rating.

GCWR depends on too many options on the truck... things the uhaul guys are incapable of understanding. IMO, invent a semi-realistic number that makes them happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.