Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my truck with some chevy springs in the rear. They consist of 3 leaves and a 4 inch block. what add a leafs could i put in to get rid of these blocks. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
986 Posts
you could also go with 2wd lowering shackle if it has the double shackle to give it some lift, 2" i think. if its singlel shackle you could always lenghthen it depending on how long it is already.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I went with a single 8.5" shackle, a rough country full length AAL (I used the AAL as a replacment leaf rather than adding it), two toy leafs on the bottom, and a toy overload backwards. No wrap and pretty flexy. Yields approx 5".

·
Registered
919 Posts
Lift is the issue I'm running into also, I want to run chevys but need approx 6-7 inches to run my 38's... I really don't want to run a block either. I'm considering using a ramped drop mount in the front in order to get another inch or so.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Why dont you just pick up the phone and order lifted chevy springs?
they make them from 3" to 8" maybe more!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
all spring, no block w/35's 3" lifted chevy spring

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
85toyboy said:
Lift is the issue I'm running into also, I want to run chevys but need approx 6-7 inches to run my 38's... I really don't want to run a block either. I'm considering using a ramped drop mount in the front in order to get another inch or so.
I built my own ramped hanger for my chevies. I didn't want as much lift as you though. I'm going for the low and wide type of rig. I'd rather trim a little sheet metal and be more stable than be high and tippsy,my truck that is. I've got a patent on this hanger and will trade a Marlin dual case adapter for the patent.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
raptorman57 said:

I built my own ramped hanger for my chevies. I didn't want as much lift as you though. I'm going for the low and wide type of rig. I'd rather trim a little sheet metal and be more stable than be high and tippsy,my truck that is. I've got a patent on this hanger and will trade a Marlin dual case adapter for the patent.
What's this then, patent infringment? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
ErikB said:

What's this then, patent infringment? :flipoff2:

no, yours is just :rainbow:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't know what you would call it but mine look like a dog turd next to yours:( . I couldn't find any box tube that fit the measurements of the spring eye so I had to fab mine up:barf:. Mine are completely welded inside and out so they should be strong enough. I thought about cleaning up the outside with a grinder a little so they look like a polished dog turd:laughing: :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts