Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I pass the NV smog (visual) with a fuel cell? I have a 95 Wrangler with a fuel cell in the very back, by the tailgate. There is a deck that covers the cell. Filler neck opening in the body has been cut away.

How do you guys pass smog?

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
a return line would be a must.

and maybe a positive seal for the cap, something that cant vent. not ideal but might be needed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i passed smog in nevada with a fuel cell.

get one of these (or i made mine): http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-290191&N=700+115&autoview=sku

then ran it to my original filler neck that has the reducer in it (that is what they are looking for, you know so we can't put the BIG LEADED GAS hoses in it - a little out dated IMO). it actually works better than the standard fuel cell setup. i welded the filler neck towards the outside of the chassis on a full tube buggy. then i can still fill with gas even when i'm packed with camping gear.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Move to Douglas Co up north....there are no smog inspections here:flipoff2: And none of that referee bullshit either.

·
Premium Member
16,324 Posts
if you have a stock filler neck setup mounted in a visible location chances are they are going to go looking. make it look like it goes somewhere. cover fuel cell.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i passed smog in my '76 as long as their is a cap on the cell they shouldn't care... but i also have a stock filler neck location set up as if there was a saddle tank still in the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts