Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
are you guides still there? i cant see from the pic? if they are not is the chain grinding away at the timing cover? if so you might wanna take care of that!:flipoff2:

·
Banned
4,587 Posts
tanman2003 said:
it dosent, just make sure engine is TDC and the cam dowel pin is at 12:00. then put the sproket on, it is a little harder this way though. the dimple on the sproket dosent have to be at 12:00 just the dowel pin.
If you put the dimple at 12:00, you will be one tooth off. The cam dowel is the mark that you want to align with the mark on the cam bearing cap.
Danny

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
uh :rolleyes: yah i believe my guides are still there....i am not a moron, i am acutally a pretty good mechanic....:p

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
toyrunner said:
If you put the dimp;e at 12:00, you will be one tooth off. The cam dowel is the mark that you want to align with the mark on the cam bearing cap.
Danny
diddnt i just say that?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
brimy311 said:
uh :rolleyes: yah i believe my guides are still there....i am not a moron, i am acutally a pretty good mechanic....:p
my bad, diddnt mean to insult you. but its a good assumption that if you think your chain jumped a tooth, that it was loose, and if its loose it will eat away at the guides:flipoff2: . but yeah if the motor is at TDC compression stroke and the dowell pin is a t 12:00 then it is all lined up, course a pretty good mechanic would know that:rolleyes: J/K:D

·
Banned
4,587 Posts
tanman2003 said:

diddnt i just say that?:flipoff2:
NO! :flipoff2:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tanman2003
it dosent, just make sure engine is TDC and the cam dowel pin is at 12:00. then put the sproket on, it is a little harder this way though. the dimple on the sproket dosent have to be at 12:00 just the dowel pin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you put the dimple at 12:00, you will be one tooth off. The cam dowel is the mark that you want to align with the mark on the cam bearing cap.
Danny

21 - 26 of 26 Posts