Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with one of these! I had kinda peeled the stock cover back, I honestly thought they were pretty stout till I got the BTF one!

I paid the extra $10 for the iron cross on that thing to match the one that is supposed to be in the front bucket (this pic from their site)

But no cross when I got it :( They are beef but I was pretty bummed my bling bling was missing its bling bling!

Bummer it works out the thing is gonna be sticking out in front of the frame - I'll have to make a tube gusset deal to blend it in or something

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
are you sure that cover is bulletproof ? :D

I think you should test it for us, better yet .. let me test it for you :D :D

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
Shit the best thing about BTF covers is they don't leak. I was leaking about 10oz of gear oil from my shaved 14FF a day. It was so bad I had to put a big cooking put under my jeep when I had it parked in my apartment complex. The whole parking lot smelled like gear oil, and whenever the yard people would come all the cut grass would stick to the spilled gear oil.Thank god I won a free cover cause the chick with the big butt in the office was constantly on my ass about my leaking jeep.

·
Registered
54,554 Posts
Norcaljr said:
are you sure that cover is bulletproof ? :D

I think you should test it for us, better yet .. let me test it for you :D :D

there was a pic of them(pretty sure it was btf) with them smashing them with an excavtor bucket :D

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
ironpig70 said:
there was a pic of them(pretty sure it was btf) with them smashing them with an excavtor bucket :D
Those were the greatlakes 4x4 ones or something like that

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
mudtruck44 said:
I'm kind of suprised to see that they left welding spatter all over it (first pic).

notice its the unsanded version. Dan and the BTF crew offer the diff cover in either the sanded version with no seams or the unsanded version with seams showing. Either way BTF offers a great product. No leaks, great welds and EXCELLENT customer service!!! I am not trying to pimp BTF just giving them much kudos for offering great products and customer support for our sport/hobby. Keep it up BTF!!!

JJ

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
How thick is the center of the cover area? My Dodge has the vent in the cover, so if I got one, I'd want to drill and tap it for the vent line.

Bryan

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oxjockey said:
How thick is the center of the cover area? My Dodge has the vent in the cover, so if I got one, I'd want to drill and tap it for the vent line.

Bryan
1/4"

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I'm pretty sure thats on MAD4WDs web site about their rockcrusher covers. Its on the home page.

I think MUDTRUCK44 was referring to the weld splatter on the pics posted of the shackle hangers. Its probably too much hand labor to get in there with a cold chisel to get rid of them and too small to get a flap disk in there :)

ironpig70 said:

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whypave said:
I'm pretty sure thats on MAD4WDs web site about their rockcrusher covers. Its on the home page.

I think MUDTRUCK44 was referring to the weld splatter on the pics posted of the shackle hangers. Its probably too much hand labor to get in there with a cold chisel to get rid of them and too small to get a flap disk in there :)
nah, look at the first pic on top - it's the cover. No biggy for me to flappy it though

1 - 20 of 44 Posts