Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Looks nice and clean. Great pen by the appearance. But, it allmost seems like you were kicking too mutch voltage. The weld is rather countersunk as if it was burning too hot. I could be wrong. Just from the looks, i would say its a nice strong weld.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
TIG welds right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tig eh, well you work your puddle around tube joints better than me, but looks like you might be getting some undercut + a little more tube prep (even dom's got some mill scale) would not hurt.
Does your power source have touch start or a bling bling HI-freq start?
What size is your filler? Anyway keep postin up your trophy shots-not sure why but I never get bored lookin at clean work.

:cool:

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
CHIT FIRE... :eek: If I could weld that good, I'd quit my 'other' job. :D:D

·
Registered
811 Posts
looks good, although I would suggest:

more filler, less travel speed, and SLIGHTLY less heat.

Tig is fun, I miss the job where I got to weld on titanium, magnesium, and inconel.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well I wouldn't call it undercut, but you are definatly light on filler meterial.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
skultoy,

That is the worst weld I have ever seen.....

Would you come weld my cage for me? Pleasee.....:D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Scoutillac said:
Well I wouldn't call it undercut, but you are definatly light on filler meterial.
Thats right, correct heat, great control.
Strong joints but no weld reinforcement.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Need a job? yea I didn't think so.I couldn't afford you anyway.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Make sure to keep the the EWTH-2 tungsten clean and sharp, try a 1/8th filler rod to fill a bit higher , from the first pic it looks like you need a little more post flow , Tig'n Rocks!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts