Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think those might be glued together as one peice. Not sure though. I would try taking a wiz wheel and very carefully cutting around the casing at the end.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Why not remote mount the plug from the solenoid pack or make a custom plug for both ends?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Push hard. I got mine apart before!!

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
IMUZ ME said:
Push hard. I got mine apart before!!
X2, the hard plastic pin holder has a flange which interlocks in a groove in the rubber cover.
Or spread the cover away from the flange and push back.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I've had them come apart on me before just by pulling them off of the winch plug. Just push the wiring in from the back, and the center bit should push out with it.

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well...I just went out and tried pushing (and hard for a faggot musician:flipoff2: ). I also tried pulling on the pins with some duckbills. Nothing.
So then, I banged on the side a little to maybe loosen it up. Still nada.
I have two of these things and have been trying to get either one apart.
If you guys say they come apart, then I'll keep working on it. Hopefully I can depart one before they get destroyed :D

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
I pried mine apart like these other guys said. I ripped the rubber some but it shoves back in there fine. Just ditch the rubber and install the switch in a panel.

edit: looked at the pics lol. How about cutting the wire and installing it under the cover on the soleniods?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
A momentary DPDT switch and this diagram is what I used to get rid of that remote. You can still use the remote if you want to, but I've never felt the need once I have a switch in the cab.

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Trim your fingernails and you should have no problems....:flipoff2:

They just pull apart man...what instrument do you play? I sing and was able to pull one apart...:flipoff2:

I also just made my own in cab remote switch panel to get rid of the whole cha-bang.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ellis DeWalt said:
I used one of these. worked good

Damn you beat me to it. LOL :flipoff2:

But really just spread the outer case apart and push like hell. worked for me?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Does anyone know if Warn or another company makes this 6-pin plug? Maybe you could just buy another one and modify it - then just cut the wire out of that one and rewire.

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys think your so smart :flipoff2:
I already have in dash switches. I just wanted the option to control the winch from outside the car when I get scared which is most of the time. Anyway, I kind of like the plug and socket the way they are and didn't want to re-invent it. The plug just needs to be an inch shorter to fit in between the frame rails and the winch (and if someone says to cut the frame rails... :flipoff2:)
I keep reading about "rubber". There is no rubber on this part, it's hard plastic or something.

Thanks for the diagram, I Lean. I'm going to try and make it work with a single pole, double throw switch instead of the double/double.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
JR said:
You guys think your so smart :flipoff2:
I already have in dash switches. I just wanted the option to control the winch from outside the car when I get scared which is most of the time. Anyway, I kind of like the plug and socket the way they are and didn't want to re-invent it. The plug just needs to be an inch shorter to fit in between the frame rails and the winch (and if someone says to cut the frame rails... :flipoff2:)
I keep reading about "rubber". There is no rubber on this part, it's hard plastic or something.

Thanks for the diagram, I Lean. I'm going to try and make it work with a single pole, double throw switch instead of the double/double.
Since the other side of the DPDT switch is just grounds, I don't see any reason that wouldn't work. Let me know if I'm wrong and you fry something though. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts