Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
OG13 King
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well...I just went out and tried pushing (and hard for a ****** musician:flipoff2: ). I also tried pulling on the pins with some duckbills. Nothing.
So then, I banged on the side a little to maybe loosen it up. Still nada.
I have two of these things and have been trying to get either one apart.
If you guys say they come apart, then I'll keep working on it. Hopefully I can depart one before they get destroyed :D

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
I pried mine apart like these other guys said. I ripped the rubber some but it shoves back in there fine. Just ditch the rubber and install the switch in a panel.

edit: looked at the pics lol. How about cutting the wire and installing it under the cover on the soleniods?

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Trim your fingernails and you should have no problems....:flipoff2:

They just pull apart man...what instrument do you play? I sing and was able to pull one apart...:flipoff2:

I also just made my own in cab remote switch panel to get rid of the whole cha-bang.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ellis DeWalt said:
I used one of these. worked good

Damn you beat me to it. LOL :flipoff2:

But really just spread the outer case apart and push like hell. worked for me?

·
OG13 King
8,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys think your so smart :flipoff2:
I already have in dash switches. I just wanted the option to control the winch from outside the car when I get scared which is most of the time. Anyway, I kind of like the plug and socket the way they are and didn't want to re-invent it. The plug just needs to be an inch shorter to fit in between the frame rails and the winch (and if someone says to cut the frame rails... :flipoff2:)
I keep reading about "rubber". There is no rubber on this part, it's hard plastic or something.

Thanks for the diagram, I Lean. I'm going to try and make it work with a single pole, double throw switch instead of the double/double.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
JR said:
You guys think your so smart :flipoff2:
I already have in dash switches. I just wanted the option to control the winch from outside the car when I get scared which is most of the time. Anyway, I kind of like the plug and socket the way they are and didn't want to re-invent it. The plug just needs to be an inch shorter to fit in between the frame rails and the winch (and if someone says to cut the frame rails... :flipoff2:)
I keep reading about "rubber". There is no rubber on this part, it's hard plastic or something.

Thanks for the diagram, I Lean. I'm going to try and make it work with a single pole, double throw switch instead of the double/double.
Since the other side of the DPDT switch is just grounds, I don't see any reason that wouldn't work. Let me know if I'm wrong and you fry something though. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.