Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been torn on which axles to go with, Yota or d44's. Then I found a set of Yota's on an 85 4runner. They have 5.29's, Detroit locker in the rear, Lockright in the front, rear disc conversion done, all parts and bearings were done a year and a half ago. I am going to pay $1100.00. Does this sound about right? Or should I pass? Oh, he is also giving me the driveshafts, should I get the steering also?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
That doesnt sound to bad does it have hi steer also

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a hard time paying big bucks for used stuff (even if it is a fraction of original price). My thoughts are that the stuff is damaged or "used up already" or else they wouldn't be trying to sell it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
allready set up with the d lines for a sammi ...if i had the dinero i would fork it up knowing i would have to spend more that twice that to replace it in other words yes if you dont then give me the guys ph#

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Average prices for Toy stuff:
Front axle, stock: $150
Rear axle, stock: $100
Gears: $450
Rebuild, F&R: $200
Detroit: $400
Lockright: $200
Hysteer:$550
---------------
$1500 without HySteer
$2050 with it.

Hysteer seals the deal... that stuff is expensive, and you'll be able to use everything except the draglink and pitman arm.

·
Battle Masher
2,244 Posts
i just sold mine sound the same but had crossover(not hysteer) and wheel spacers for 1300. They were wheeled really hard but still i great cond.

·
Registered
377 Posts
doesn't sound like that bad of a deal

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
RightPedal said:
Average prices for Toy stuff:
Front axle, stock: $150
Rear axle, stock: $100
Gears: $450
Rebuild, F&R: $200
Detroit: $400
Lockright: $200
Hysteer:$550
---------------
$1500 without HySteer
$2050 with it.

Hysteer seals the deal... that stuff is expensive, and you'll be able to use everything except the draglink and pitman arm.
$1500 and you left out the rear disc conversion. I'd say $850 bucks is a steal.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
350 Samurai said:
$1500 and you left out the rear disc conversion. I'd say $850 bucks is a steal.
Ooops. Missed that. Most people spend about $150+ on that, from what I know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As long as you don't mind rear drivetrain vibration you will be good to go! But then again, Samurais were never really that streetable anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts