Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
He just beat me to it, but you can post a picture too, you just have to host it someplace else.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what you mean. I have pictures hosted on Webshots.com. Is that what you mean or is it some kind of full time computer connection. Damn there is alot I don't know about computers! Can I post pics that I have on Webshots?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I get the adress of my picture in my Webshots page by coppying the adress in the adress bar, then I go to post and press IMG, then I paste in the adress, then press OK. No picture. What am I doing wrong? After two years I still feel like an infant on the computer.

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
some sites wont let you link out pics, whats the link to the pics your trying?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Buy a star and you'll see the light :flipoff2:

You can't link from stuff like geocities...all those crappy webhosts. Webshots might let you but not how you are tying to do it. What pictures do you want to post...I'm sure someone would post em for you.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to learn the skill without the star because I go to many BBs and I have never been able to post pictures on any of them. This gets frusterating after awhile.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Get a website from somewhere that DOESN'T require you to be logged in as the album owner to see the pictures.

www.freepichosting.com is one place.

Now... to post pics... follow this easy tutorial you :flipoff2: newbie :flipoff2:

I'll have you post one from www.ebay.com, for starters.
  1. Leaving this window where it is, hit CTRL+N to open a second window in Explorer.
  2. In that new window which popped up, go to www.ebay.com
  3. Right click on the EBAYlogo at the top.
  4. Choose "PROPERTIES"
  5. You see where it says "Address (URL):" on the left side? Well, select and copy the complete webpage address to the right of that.
  6. Close the properties window.
  7. Come back here, go to the TESTING forum, and click POST. Click the button labeled "IMG"... and paste in that webpage location you just copied.
  8. That's it. You just posted a picture from another website on Pirate4x4. :grinpimp:
  9. When you get tired of uploading, hosting, copying, and pasting pcitures... pay $20 so you click 3 buttons and it's on the site. :flipoff2:
You'll end up with this in your TEST post:

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I've got another stupid question...

Why have I never seen a single popup from this site? All the posts at the top mention them if you arent a red star member... yet I havent seen any popups, am I just that lucky?

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
I dunno... hafta ask Lance. I'd guess that the star-buyers have paid for enough of the sites revenue that he's been able to cut down on how many pop-up ads are run on the site now. It used to be horrendous.

Dumb question: Do you have a pop-up stopper installed? :confused:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TNToy, You are my hero! It took me two years to learn this trick. I'm so happy I almost want to kiss you.:flipoff2: Thanks dood.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
TNToy said:

Now... to post pics... follow this easy tutorial you :flipoff2:

Damn, thanx, that is too easy. The CTRL+N part was the part I never knew before. I have had a lot of stuff I w=have wanted to post before, but never could do it.:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So to crop a photo do I have to put it into a Photo Shop type program or is there an easier way?

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Treven Baker said:
So to crop a photo do I have to put it into a Photo Shop type program or is there an easier way?
You can do simple crops in PAINT... just save the result as a jpg file.

I like a simple program such as "MS Picture It" ... just allows a quick click to save as a "web ready" image either 1/4 1/2 or full size. Handy if I want a thumbnail of something... Yes, lame editing software... never have time for anything fancier, and it was something like $20.00!

Tom :usa:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts