Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did some horse trading and ended up with 2 '87 Samurai's. One is completely stock and the other has a small lift and has been hit in the front end. They are about 3 hrs away from me and I need to trailer them home. How long is a stock Samurai? I'm trying to find a buddy with a trailer long enough to haul them both. I looked through the FAQ and could not find the info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I might end up pulling them seperately. If I put one on a 2 wheel dolly, do I just put the tranfer case in nuetral and the tranny in gear to tow like a Jeep?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Graluc said:
Thanks for the info! I might end up pulling them seperately. If I put one on a 2 wheel dolly, do I just put the tranfer case in nuetral and the tranny in gear to tow like a Jeep?

Yank the rear driveshaft..........

·
Registered
974 Posts
You can fit two samurais on a 20 ft trailer, with about a foot in between. Pull the first one up until it hits the rail and then pull the other up on it. The rear strap or chain will be vertical, but it will haul just fine. Ive hauled several thousand miles like this the past two years with no problems...and it isnt ideal but it does get the job done.

Paul

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Graluc said:
According to the Samurai owners manual, the transfer case goes in neutral and the tranny in second gear to flat tow.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
So which is the flat tow rule? I understand what the owners manual says, but some evidently think the manufacturer doesnt know what they are talking about. For those who say the driveshaft has to be dropped... WHY? What will happen if you follow the owners manual recommendations?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts