Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a samurai with 35x12.5x15 MTR's on 8 inch wheels. how low can I go on tire pressure and be safe?

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
Brad Juan said:
I have a samurai with 35x12.5x15 MTR's on 8 inch wheels. how low can I go on tire pressure and be safe?
i ran the rubicon at 8 pounds on the same size rims, 37'' mtr's...no probs...

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
yeah 8lbs is a good starting point for a lower limit, with a light weight rig and depending on the wheels you can probably go a little lower with not problem.

·
Registered
477 Posts
well what do you wana call safe,
I probably drop it down to 10psi and carry a spare with you just in case if you dont normally carry one.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Tim84K10 said:
Do you guys really need to run radial tires that low to get them to grip?
He has a samurai so I would say yes! If his tires are brand new I bet he doesnt even have a lot of tire bulge or lose much ground clearance at 8psi. Even in jeeps 8-10 PSI seems to be the best to get the tires to wrap around rocks.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I ran 5 lbs on my 35" courser M/T's (shitty tire BTW) mounted on 8" rims. Went from the Rubicon Springs to Loon lake & back to the Springs in 1 day with no problems. Makes for a real comfy ride ;)

My rig is a modified '59 CJ5

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts
I'd run 8-10 like they said, I run 5 on my sx's because of the super stiff sidewalls

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Tim84K10 said:
Do you guys really need to run radial tires that low to get them to grip?
Yes, there is a huge difference in traction even with a radial between 10 lbs and 5 lbs.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i have a sammy with 35x14.50 ssr's on a set of 15x8 wheels and i ran them at 4 psi this weekend and they did great, for the safe issue i would say the 6-10 lbs. range...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts