Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some LT 10 ply 215 85 16's. They will be mounted on 7" width wheels. They will be on a light 2500 lb zuk.

How low can I air them down without loosing a bead on mild trails?

What would the minimum psi need to be at, to mitigate any tread cupping for pavement use?

No, I have not done the chalk test [yet ].

Anyone else running these tires on a light 4x4?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I have some LT 10 ply 215 85 16's. They will be mounted on 7" width wheels. They will be on a light 2500 lb zuk.

How low can I air them down without loosing a bead on mild trails?

What would the minimum psi need to be at, to mitigate any tread cupping for pavement use?

No, I have not done the chalk test [yet ].

Anyone else running these tires on a light 4x4?
Thanks.
Way too many variables here for anyone to tell you what exact psi will work with your setup, you haven't even told us what brand/model the tires/wheels are. 16's have a safety bead same as anything else so debeading isn't any bigger concern than with a 15, especially with a stiff ass tire and a rig that weighs nothing. Gonna have to go out and run the thing, if you wanna know the limit run till you blow a bead off.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
This reminds me of my old industrial Ez-Go golf cart, the sidewalls were so stiff you couldn't tell they were flat. That is until you smelled burning rubber from the rims spinning in the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts