Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here have made their own bender?
I am looking for some dimensions so I can make my own bender.Preferrable
Something I can buy a die for. Any pictures , and info would be fantastic.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Seach e-bay and such, there are plans available out there.

I looked into it with JoeZ and to tell you the truth by the time you source out all the material and the time to machine it (assuming you have access to machine tools and are not paying for it) the cost savings is not really that great

·
Registered
850 Posts
I did my own. I got the plans from Frank @ got trikes. I did a write up on it on rocky mountain extreme. Search under the words (tube kinker) I don't know how to do links to stuff or I would just do it for you. I love it and have used it alot. Full hydro rocks.:smokin: I'm glad I built it myself, but that probably wouldn't be the case for everybody.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Seach e-bay and such, there are plans available out there.

I looked into it with JoeZ and to tell you the truth by the time you source out all the material and the time to machine it (assuming you have access to machine tools and are not paying for it) the cost savings is not really that great
That's what I have found as well. My buddy and I looked into copying the PT105 and determined that it would be much easier and cheaper to just buy the bender.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have a write up on this somewhere, it looks a little easier to make than the other ones I have seen.
x2 I didn't find any dimensions.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
My welder made a log splitter out of his bender. Does that count?:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I have built my own bender. Depending on what tools you have access to, the sky's the limit.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You have a write up on this somewhere, it looks a little easier to make than the other ones I have seen.
no sorry. i just copied stuff from the bender thread and built a little stand & whatknot. start with a good pump, i tried being a cheapass at first & it didn't have the power i needed. now i can bend a 90 single shot in about 20seconds. which is pretty good compared to rowing.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
I have built my own bender. Depending on what tools you have access to, the sky's the limit.
Meh...you call that little thing you cobbled together a "bender"?:flipoff2:

It's a masterful work of art, the baddest homebuilt bender in the history of PBB, if not the world:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Meh...you call that little thing you cobbled together a "bender"?:flipoff2:

It's a masterful work of art, the baddest homebuilt bender in the history of PBB, if not the world:grinpimp:

yeah, no shit!!! Bandit, I followed the build over on ofn, freaking AWESOME!!!

p.s. how's your health these days???

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,986 Posts
Bigrustybucket- here's another thread that has dimensions for the bender arms. Some of the links are dead, but there are updated links at the end (.dxf and .dwg files) if you have access to a machine shop. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568979
Or just buy the gottrikes plans.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts