Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 4th & 5th

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm SUA in the front, with 2.5" lift springs, and SOA rear, sotck 40 springs with silly strips between the leaves. Con-fer extended shackles all around, so as you can see, I sit ass-high. (look at the slider to get a good diea of the angle)

This pic was taken loaded up like I would for the trail.

From searching, I know I either pull the bottom leaf, or the bottom 2..

How many should I pull to get me level?

I do have anti-wrap bars, and if those fail, a set of F-150 springs sitting behind Blue, waiting to go on. But, I'd rather not wrap the piss outta the leaves the first time out, either.

What do ya think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I VOTE THAT YOU JUST UNDO YOUR PACKS TOMARROW, START PULLING LEAVES AND DO IT UNTIL IT SUITS YOU ;)

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Just stick a tunnel ram on with a blower scoop and you will look just right.:flipoff2:

But seriously, try removing the 3 or 4th longest leaf, one at a time.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FIXXXXAH said:
I VOTE THAT YOU JUST UNDO YOUR PACKS TOMARROW, START PULLING LEAVES AND DO IT UNTIL IT SUITS YOU ;)
Thanks fawker. :flipoff2: I was hoping for a BTDT suggestion, to have a better chance of getting it right the first time.:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
UHHHH... B..T..D..T.. YAH... NO CLUE WHAT THAT MEANS...

BUT REALLY, JUST START PULLING LEAVES UNTIL YOU FIND WHAT YOU LIKE. GET YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE, INSTEAD OF RELYING ON OTHERS' [ SPOKEN BY SOMEONE WHO SPENT A LONG TIME ON THIS BOARD ASKING QUESTIONS I SHOULD AHVE FOUND OUT FOR MYSELF :(]

YOUR REAR FENDER CUTS MIGHT MAKE THE TILT MORE PRONOUNCED, MAYBE TIME TO LIFT YOUR FRONT FENDERS A BIT ;)

PS NICE CRUISER

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
None,
They WILL wear out a lot quicker if you start removing leaves...

I removed the 4th one and the two bottom leaves. Three trips later they were all but dead...

·
Registered
556 Posts
So why not a SOA in front? A little cut and turn and you're good to go.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no welder, and NO money at this point... believe me, I'd love to go SOA in the front!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The shortest leaf will have the greatest effect on ride height.

That said. those "not yet flat" stock springs will flatten quickly the first few trips out....IMO, leave it until you've spend one weekend flexing them and then decide.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The old stink bug look! I remember that one. I had it on my last cruiser.

I would start by using your stock shackels in the rear.

My next question is does your rear flex enough for you? If not, remove the smallest spring...but like everyone has said, don't remove too many!

You may also want to try stock FJ-60 rear springs. They are a little longer, you could still use your lifted shackel, and they are pretty darn flat, and very flexy...but you may get axle wrap...never mind.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I pulled the two bottom ones and added one extra long one thats about the same lenth as the 3rd.:)

Dan

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey i think you should put the stock shackle back on the rear.then just get a longer shackle up front,if you got the 1.5 up front get the 2.5 for it and that will even it out.itll be a rockgrabber but it will do until you go soa on the front.
but i really dont know if that will mess driveline angles:confused:
aw whatever good luck
oh yeah pull the heavy f and stuff a honkin a$$ smallblock in der.:D

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
TREEFITTY said:
hey i think you should put the stock shackle back on the rear.then just get a longer shackle up front,if you got the 1.5 up front get the 2.5 for it and that will even it out.itll be a rockgrabber but it will do until you go soa on the front.
but i really dont know if that will mess driveline angles:confused:
aw whatever good luck
oh yeah pull the heavy f and stuff a honkin a$$ smallblock in der.:D

He has a 305 V8.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, counting the tiny little leaf, I had a 6 leaf pack... I pulled the 4th leaf. I would have pulled #5, but 5 has the clamp on it, which I guessed might help with axle wrap?

Anyway, it's only a *bit* ass high now, and rides better... I think it'll sit level after my next trip when the now softer packs flatten out a bit.

Woody, I had the SOA done back in the summer last year, and they've got around 10 hard trips on them plus street miles, and they didn't flatten out like I'd hope, so that's why i wanted to pull those suckers.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

And treefitty :flipoff2: I got V8... maybe a LS1 is in order?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts