Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've seen luv's drive through mud puddles all of the time. My buddy had one and a dirt driveway. :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
no luvs are 4x4. The first year for a 4x4 was 78. Primedia voted them the best 4x4 in 78 and 79. They were also the first 4x4 mini truck (beating toyta and mazda to the punch) and they were alos the first IFS 4x4 truck (the last one may not be a great acoplishment but something cool on thier resume non the less).
You guys are just jealous becouse theres no LUV in your life:flipoff2:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah i would love to something realy radical whith my luv (i have a built 327 in the shop whith no car yet:D ) but at the moment its my daily driver so i just have performance stuff on the stock 1.8L motor.:(
Oh and im already a member of luvtruck.com

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
mepr said:
no luvs are 4x4. The first year for a 4x4 was 78. Primedia voted them the best 4x4 in 78 and 79. They were also the first 4x4 mini truck (beating toyta and mazda to the punch) and they were alos the first IFS 4x4 truck (the last one may not be a great acoplishment but something cool on thier resume non the less).
You guys are just jealous becouse theres no LUV in your life:flipoff2:
Before Chevy imported the IFS 4x4 Luvs, companys like Diversifed in So Cal was converting them using a Jeep front axle and a 20 TC to fourwheel drive. They used the stock rear axle but redrilled it to 5 lug jeep patern. A friend had one of the first ones done stock 4 banger stick and running 12x15 desert dogs.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
70~K5 said:

Before Chevy imported the IFS 4x4 Luvs, companys like Diversifed in So Cal was converting them using a Jeep front axle and a 20 TC to fourwheel drive. They used the stock rear axle but redrilled it to 5 lug jeep patern. A friend had one of the first ones done stock 4 banger stick and running 12x15 desert dogs.
divorced case if i remember correctly. didn't they do yotas the same way too?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yup that company did that to luvs, couriors, toyotas, mazdas and datsuns. There was also a company in North Carolina that did that too.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Come back when it is sitting of fullwidths with atleast 36"ers on it!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bah its my DD i need that 22mpg its getting right now:D
And both my trucks do double duty as work trucks so i can realy put huge tires on em.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Re: How many of you guys have seen a LUV

70~K5 said:

How many have seen a Chevy Luv converted to 4x4 when Chevy didn't offer them?
Mepr, I think you missunderstood this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it could be taken both ways. But no ones arguing so i dont realy think it matters.:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey - I think that all you have to do to get a LUV to move like that is threaten to take it to the junkjard. It'll take off like a rocket only to die somewhere in a field to rust away.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I'd so get another luv truck..

3 inch body lift with 31 norsmand armstrongs..

Great hunting truck

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
LUVs are kinda cool.

I have a '76 2wd. A friend in HS had a '77 4x4 - it was a Crown Industries live-axle conversion. Leaf sprung SUA front, SOA rear, divorced Dana 20.. with some big 27" tires. :laughing:

He also had an '81 boxy Luv.

They're cool little trucks.. kinda funny all the LUV-stuff I've seen this week, since my fiance' was trying to talk me out of keeping mine (rotting behind the house) just this week. :)

Someday I'll get back to it..

There are a couple Luvs that 4x4 race here in Montana.

Mostly they're Luv frames and bodies.. the one I can remember best is a 350, with a 9" rear and a Chevy '44 front, converted to 5 on 5.5, with coils.

They work pretty well. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
why do you say luvs are gay?
They may be an under powered mini truck but hey it goes where i point it and it gets 22mpg i fail to see why these arent a great truck:confused:
they just tkae a more talented and paitent person to get them to work is all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts