Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I put this in this forum as we sometimes discuss machinery, etc. here. Hope it isn't inappropriate.

I scored a Nelson surface grinder last night! Everything but the wheel. Damned thing has a huge magnetic chuck on it. I'm not yet sure of the model. It has the fully automatic table and full pressurized lubrication-the lubricant pump is driven by a 1-HP motor!

When we loaded it with a forktruck, the trailer and the Rover squatted big time so I know this thing is tremendously heavy. Before I try to unload it without benefit of a forktruck, I wondered if anybody had an idea of weight.

Peace,
Paul

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying to unload it without aid of a forktruck-most likely alone.

Then, I'll have to think like a Greek, Aristotle to be precise, something about leverage... Give me a big enough lever and I can move a Surface Grinder! (it was Aristotle, right?)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.