Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've been on the pirate, I hope you all have been having a great summer.

I have a pricing question for my dad who is getting rid of his engine and tranny from his '69 FJ. He has a fellow who wants to buy it but really has no idea what the going rate is. The engine was rebuilt a few years ago (I don't know the specifics) and the tranny works fine.

Thanks for he help,
Jared

·
Registered
977 Posts
Even a freshly rebuilt F engine and [likely] a 3 speed tranny isn't worth much. Get as much as he can for it, but no one would offer me more than $100 for the one I was selling.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
I'd agree with the $100-200 range for an F engine. A healthy 2F would probably go for $500. The three speed tranny is a give away item. That's from/for people in the know. If he can get more from a non Pirate type, niether party would be fuckin' the other. To rebuild an F on the general market would cost well over a grand. Gotta know your market a little here.
Hope this makes sense.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
IIRC, sine80 got his 69 engine, trans and tfr from fc187 for something like $200 for the whole setup. Hth

Mark A.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
IIRC, sine80 got his 69 engine, trans and tfr from fc187 for something like $200 for the whole setup. Hth

Mark A.
I still gotta pull that damn thing too :D

I had it on the boards for a while for $200 for the running f,3spd,t-case, and all the vacume shift junk just to see.

ended up agreeing to sell it to mike for $150,.... Shit, by the time I actually pull the damn thing, I will settle for dinner at Outback and be happy.

scrap around here is $.04 per LB = dinner at outback. :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts