Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm assuming that is a Hyster trailer as my buddy bought one just like it last year in northern Nevada for 5k. We are in the process of switching out the wobblers to 10lug 17.5s.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not much, it’s got wobble wheels and probably wedge brakes. Also, it looks like 96” wide which drives the value down. Non detachable neck doesn’t help either.

3k tops.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks. looks like i fucked up, paid 6 for it when seller was asking 6900 and thought I got a sweet deal, until I started reading about this style of wheels and all. Guess I will cut my losses and dump it. Any tips on where to sell it? On ebay for 4990 noe and craigslist. I am in south california.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Everybody I know for quite some time all runs drop decks, with removable tongues, way easier, safer to load, and can meet better height limits for overpasses and such.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everybody I know for quite some time all runs drop decks, with removable tongues, way easier, safer to load, and can meet better height limits for overpasses and such.
Those cost a very pretty penny. I bought this thinking I will at least be able to flip it, buy I was plain as day wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Post that thing in West Texas on CL. Sombody out there in the oil fields might have a use for it and be dumb enough to at least give you your money back.

·
Broke Bastard
4,117 Posts
Boss just bought a 32' landall hydraulic trailer. The one that the axles move forward hydraulics and then it tilts.

He paid $6k for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
List it on Craigslist, you’re close enough to the border to sell it to some amigos. The best thing you could do is find a shit truck and make a combo deal. Those guys eat that “ready to work” stuff up.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
List it up like the P.O. did and see if you can get your money back. I don't know about SoCal, but up here every trailer is way over-priced from what you think it should be.
Travis..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm assuming that is a Hyster trailer as my buddy bought one just like it last year in northern Nevada for 5k. We are in the process of switching out the wobblers to 10lug 17.5s.
What's involved in the swap if you got that far?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I sold it for 3850 to a guy who's shipping it to Nigeria. No I didn't get a wire transfer, it was face to face and cash :flipoff2:

lost about 2300 on it, but such is the lesson, careful when buying old shit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry I just saw your question, but you were better off of the selling it. It was way too much for the cause, which included new hubs, bearings, drums, wheels and tires. So yeah, not cost prohibitive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts