Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know they are a d30 front and d44 rear. i was only going to run 33"s on my jeep but they just look so small on it. its going to be a while beforei can afford to put stronget axles under it. but would the axles be able to handle 35/12.5"s if i go easy on the skinny pedal? (i do mostly mud and some rocks)

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
i know they are a d30 front and d44 rear. i was only going to run 33"s on my jeep but they just look so small on it. its going to be a while beforei can afford to put stronget axles under it. but would the axles be able to handle 35/12.5"s if i go easy on the skinny pedal? (i do mostly mud and some rocks)
Back in the day I had a 75 CJ-5 with stock axles and 32's. I went a few front axles to say the least.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
There are tons of jeeps out there running 33s and 35s on stock axles and yes they break but lots of folks get by without breaking. If you start breaking stuff- upgrade.:smokin:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im running the same axles with 35's no ploblem it just depends on how you drive just run it till you break something then upgrade.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i think im just going to run it the way it is for about 6 months. then i will tear into it for a good build up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah 33" or 35" should be fine if you drive it easy but with how you drive idki would just get 33" then you could buy my spare front axel for parts and it has disc brakes but my jeep has d60 front and i think it has d60 rear end brand new 33"tsl and i just fucking fry them on the pavement

·
Registered
16 Posts
so you still needed a trans well there was one on craigslist for 150 i think with all the adapters

·
Registered
590 Posts
ive still got the crappy 30 in the front, but have built it and it has never broken-(formally 31's) even with 35's!(im orginal owner too, since 84') I got rid of the model 20 and now am putting in a currie 9 inch rear. The model 20 never broke too!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah 33" or 35" should be fine if you drive it easy but with how you drive idki would just get 33" then you could buy my spare front axel for parts and it has disc brakes but my jeep has d60 front and i think it has d60 rear end brand new 33"tsl and i just fucking fry them on the pavement
shut up you newb! glad to see you FINALLY got the jeep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts