Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was out in the garage and was doing some eyeballing ...it seem i will have around a 94 inch wheelbase ...i was wondering ...for that wheel base ,running land cruiser axles (55ish 56 ish width) 36.5/15/12.5 swampers stock b.s.

how tall is too tall.

it seems (eye balling this mind you ) that i will be 7' 4 '' to 7' 6'' tall.

and yes the newbie did search and the newbie did find a whole bunch of shit that did not pertain to my questoin.

zukikid

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
zukikid said:
ok i was out in the garage and was doing some eyeballing ...it seem i will have around a 94 inch wheelbase ...i was wondering ...for that wheel base ,running land cruiser axles (55ish 56 ish width) 36.5/15/12.5 swampers stock b.s.

how tall is too tall.

it seems (eye balling this mind you ) that i will be 7' 4 '' to 7' 6'' tall.

and yes the newbie did search and the newbie did find a whole bunch of shit that did not pertain to my questoin.

zukikid

Wow that is wayyyyyyyy toooo talll!!!

You need to be down around the 6' tall mark....cut fenders or what ever you need to do to make it there!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like the big silver one on tractor tires!!!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I agree, keep it down. Mines at 74 inches and it's to tall. Cut fenders or something.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Mine sits at around 5'10" at the top of the windshield frame.

thats with stock axles, spring-over, claped out stock springs, and BFG 31's.

Yea it feels too tall at that when I get off camber or near a ledge :eek:

I am hoping to stay under 6'0" when the new axles and tires go under it, but its also going on the Sawzall diet plan :flipoff2:

Keep it low, keep it lite........but make it flex.

its a tough bill to fill, but worth it. :D

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
hmmm DSI, rudezuk what are your buggies sitting at? Chris what about yours with the new mods? Not sure exactly what my buggy is sitting at right now but on the 36" sx's not loaded and not with the battery and a bit more metal i think its about (went out and looked at a tapemeasure) i'm guessing its between 6'4" 6'6" at the top of the cage which is a bit taller than the windshield post (needed some helmet clearance since my seats are raised just a touch over stock for better over the hood visibility)

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
reason i'm asking is i feel my rigs a bit tall...but in as close to real wheeling testing at the shop with a couple of forklifts its really stable. At this time i have around 24" of clearance under the totaly flat belly panwith all links mounted above the bottom of the frame rails so lowering it a good 6" wouldn't bother me just trying to make the decision to flatten out the the rear 1/4 elip. springs and re adjusting my front spring mounts before i weld em all up permanent.

·
Registered
138 Posts
howdy,
mine sits a modest 7'8". it would be higher, but the barage door is tall short. and it seems all to worthless to have the d44s and wrangler springs sitting in the the rafters. height needs to be based on what you use it for.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
hmmmm just around and under 6' i figured my rig was a bit tall it probably help out the driveshaft angles too if i lowered it....thanks guys

hey Rude whats your belly clearance at lowest point?and your on 37's right? I'd like to upgrade to 38 sx's or possibly some krawlers in the next little bit just my sx's are still brand new....just really dusty damn its been over a year all ready....

·
Registered
456 Posts
nuthin is too tall.i run 35's on mine with no fender cutting all cleared with lift i run 14.5" of lift so i sit pretty tall.actually i havent found one taller (yet).i havent measured it cause im changing some stuff so i cant but to give a guess it wont fit in a standard garage the door is 3 to 4" too short.yeah i know keep the center of gravity down low but so far i dont seem to have a prioblem with it .and the cool part is that im taller than some of those nasty ol j**ps.which i like

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I finally measured my junk...

6'2" to the top of the windshield frame, thats on 35MTRs, i expect it to drop ~1" after leafs settle in....

edit...
I'm running stock front fenders only cliped at the rear and some seam flatning along the arc....

and i got 23.5" under the belly.... :D
-yag

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Pook said:
hmmmm just around and under 6' i figured my rig was a bit tall it probably help out the driveshaft angles too if i lowered it....thanks guys

hey Rude whats your belly clearance at lowest point?and your on 37's right? I'd like to upgrade to 38 sx's or possibly some krawlers in the next little bit just my sx's are still brand new....just really dusty damn its been over a year all ready....

I have about 24" of clearance underneath...and yes im on 37's

·
Registered
81 Posts
kd7srj: I think so but wadda I know...

Having said that I've been in a Zuk that went over 4 times on the top of Moab rim in the dark so I might be a bit paraniod about heights hehehe

Scwafish: Is this the same method of "Virtual lift" as yours. I can't seem to find any pictures on how yours was done in the build up article

http://www.izook.com/tech/wheelwell/wheelwell.htm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts