Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install a clinometer on my 4 runner and need to remove the dash. There are 3 bolts and a bunch of screws. One of the bolts is located behind the passenger heater vent. How do I remove the heater vent? There are 4 tabs in there but I can't seem to remove it no matter what I do. Its getting dark now:( please help. Thanks

·
Registered
34,219 Posts
1877 said:
I'm trying to install a clinometer on my 4 runner and need to remove the dash. There are 3 bolts and a bunch of screws. One of the bolts is located behind the passenger heater vent. How do I remove the heater vent? There are 4 tabs in there but I can't seem to remove it no matter what I do. Its getting dark now:( please help. Thanks
It's a HUGE pain in the ass...

You have three options:
1. Leave it and become contortionist - then you can get the last nut w/o removing the vent!

2. VERY carefully pry up the bottom of the vent. Get someting VERY skinny between the vent frame and the dash (putty knife?). Grab the tab w/ the "implement" and lift up while pulling out. Do this many times, alternating top to bottom and left to right. Curse a LOT.

3. Carefully take the vent out of the vent frame. This is how I usually do it. Put something between the vent and frame on the side and pry inward while pulling out. You can usually get it to move enough to pull out. then remove the vent frame after.

4. Break it into pieces, go to Pick-n-pull and get anotehr one. :) :) :flipoff2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts