Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I spent about 3 hours today trying to separate a passenger's side birf joint from the axle shaft so I could send it in to get Longfields. How do you get these to unwed?? I did the pipe with a flange & keep dropping the shaft in but that (& many other things!) did even budge it!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
you might need to take a dead blow and beat it off...i had to do that on my yota birf's...just have some ready to catch it LOL

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Just like your cross-over steering problem I had no problems with seperating axles. But then I didn't just drop the axles in the pipe. What I did was leave the axle in the pipe and SLAMMED the whole thing on the concrete. Did this to three sets (six axles) with no problems.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OKIE ZUK said:
Just like your cross-over steering problem I had no problems with seperating axles. But then I didn't just drop the axles in the pipe. What I did was leave the axle in the pipe and SLAMMED the whole thing on the concrete. Did this to three sets (six axles) with no problems.
Hhmmm didn't even think of that. I'll have to try that tomorrow. Thanks!:D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
and sammi birf seperation takes on a whole new can of worms... we're talkin family size too!

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Usually 33's do a nice job:flipoff2:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
After all of the questions he had on Toy axles, and especially mentioning LONGFIELDS, I assume he's trying to install Longfields into a Toy axle he's getting ready to swap into the Zuki.

I don't see a point in having Bobby work over your sami birfs if you're going to go to Toys, so that's what I think he's doing. Would be a whole lot less confusing if posted in the Toy forum, though. ;)

Oh, and SilverZuk... if they ARE Toy birfs, take you previous post, and replace "33s" with "38s". :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I looked into getting the longfields for my old sammy a few months ago and when I talked to Bobby he told me he would treat the entire axle, so there was no need to seperate them. Did you ask him if he would treat the entire axle yet?? Might save you a little work.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TNToy said:
After all of the questions he had on Toy axles, and especially mentioning LONGFIELDS, I assume he's trying to install Longfields into a Toy axle he's getting ready to swap into the Zuki.

I don't see a point in having Bobby work over your sami birfs if you're going to go to Toys, so that's what I think he's doing. Would be a whole lot less confusing if posted in the Toy forum, though. ;)

Oh, and SilverZuk... if they ARE Toy birfs, take you previous post, and replace "33s" with "38s". :flipoff2:
Actually this IS for a Toyota axle but I figured the procedure would be basically the same. This is for the REAR axle in my Zook that is going to be a FRONT Toyota axle so I probably need Longfields. I didn't post ever there because I figured it's been brought up a few time before over there & didn't want to get flamed. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts