Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy on e-bay has some pretty good deals on new trailers, but they are in MO. He does not have delivery available to CA yet.

Any ideas on how to get one to CA reasonably?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I smell road trip:flipoff2:

Check into auto transporter services. My father figure bought a bigrig flatbed trailer up in Idaho. The dealership had another customer that was buying a tractor bring the trailer down to California with him. Run some ads in local newspapers to find some body that may be driving out there with a pick up, that could bring it back for you.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I transport cars, bikes, and trailers nation-wide. How many trailers are you thinking about? Are they open or enclosed? And when do they have to be picked up?

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
EMIEVEL, if you cruise out there to pick up a trailer for Bob, I might be interested in one as well. How much for transport?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was only looking for 1. They are flatbed car haulers. Maybe we could do a group buy.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Lots of inexpensive trailers around here (I live 2.5 hrs from Springfield)- I paid 1400 for one like the red one with brakes on 2 axles, a spare, new radial tires, new wheels and an upgraded tongue jack.
With that said, I'm about to close a deal on selling my Jeep and deliver it to Denver. The buyer is acutally in Logan UT. I may be able to arrange a one way trip for the trailer to either destination.

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
665 Posts
traialers in

I emailed the guy but haven't recieved a reply yet. I'm interested in the 18' +4' flatbed tiilt trailer. The sellers name
is: tim21160

You can see a bunch of other trailers he makes it you look him up by this name.

He sellls the trailer I'm interested in
for 'buy it now" of $1820.00 FOB
Missourii.

Thats for the basic 7000gvw but you can also upgrade to 10,000 gvw for additional costs.

Like I said I'm still waiting to hear back from him. I emailed him Feb 28th.

I'm DEFINITELY interested in a group buy
if we can get transportation to a reasonable amount.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Hey, I just got back!
If you guys do a group buy and they are open trailers, the manufacturer will stack them and load them with a fork lift. They ship them like that regularly. I have to go to St. Louis by the 12th, and coming back empty. Price will depend on where I drop off and how many different stops. One stop to Ca. would be approximately $1000 for three trailers. Like I said ....approximately!!!! It might be cheaper, it just depends on how much of a pain in the ass it is to load and unload. I also have to charge enough to cover my deductable in case of an accident, otherwise I could really lose a lot of money!

Let me know what you guys are buying. I travel everywhere all the time...that's why I wasn't at TDS! I will deal, especially on trips where I'm "dead Heading."

Go2Guy...maybe I can help! I'm going to Salt Lake next week.

Chris
(714) 402-0129 (24hrs)
call me because I don't get online much, thanks!
I've also hauled for Camo if you need a referral.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Re: traialers in

ScoutII said:
I
I'm DEFINITELY interested in a group buy
if we can get transportation to a reasonable amount.
Just to throw out a reminder here, Lance does not allow group buys to be set up on this BB;)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Okay, I'll be in Missouri on 3/11/03. Even if you guys don't do a group buy, I can haul individuals' trailers back.

Go2Guy - It got late (11pm your time) so I didn't want to call back. I could pick it up from your house on the 12th or 13th, and have it delivered on the 13th or 14th. Call back if your up!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts