Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a line on a TJ frame that I want to use for a total buildup. The shop said the Jeep was rolled and the Frame could possibly be slightly bent! They aren't sure. Where can I measure or check to see if it is. I really don't want to use a bent frame.

·
Registered
68 Posts
1. Shop?
2. What type of shop?
3. If they can not, or aren't willing to check the frame
4. To make sure it's out of alingment...
5. You've not got a chance.
6. You can only do so much with a tape measure...
7. IMHO... unless it's DIRT CHEAP, I'd pass
8. The unknown can get just too costly,
9. Too quickly...
10. It's a Pandora's box.
11. On the other hand...
12. Take a look at it..
14. As the shop what they'd charge
15. To straighten a bare frame...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re

Well, sorry if I mislead ya, its not really a shop. Its just a warehouse/yard where they take in insurance write-offs and salvage rigs and scrap and sell them for the parts. They don't do any repairs or anything there, just scrap and sell. The guy I talked thought it might be twisted because of the type of accident it was in, he didn't take any measurements or anything. I might take a look, just wondering if there are anythings I should look for? It is pretty cheap in my opinion

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: re

newfie_YJ said:
just wondering if there are anythings I should look for? It is pretty cheap in my opinion
FRAME CRACKS, they're a dead giveaway.

If you access to the bare frame, or without the body, I would take a tape measure and measure the inside front left corner to the inside right rear corner and do the same to the other side. At least that will give you some indcation that the frame is "square" left to right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.