Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SM465 and a chevy 350 going into my YJ. I am using a stock GM bellhousing and a stock replacement clutch. The bellhousing has a hole in the side of it for the shift fork. Originally it was a mechanical linkage...but I want to go to a hydraulic setup. What master and slave cylinders would work? I thought about just using whatever was stock on the Jeep (91 with 4.0) but then wondered if the slave would have enough throw for the larger clutch assembly. What do you think?

Dan

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
you can use a stock 4-cyl jeep slave cylinder, and stock master.CJ.

you can use a stock master and Advance Adapter slave.

you can use a chevy 1962 1/2 ton pickup slave and jeep master.

there's actually quite a few way to do this. you will most likely

have to fab your own slave cyl bracket.

any more info, email me.

--Sherpa

PS: don't use YJ parts...... they're metric. and the slave cylinder

is a combination throwout bearing/slave cylinder. (hydro-donut)

--FYI........................

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
if it was me I would use a older stile chevy truck hydraulic stile bell housing all the stock chevy parts on the bellhousing end then do the math for the volume of displacement of the stock yj master then go to a napa and ask to see the stock chevy master cyl and compare ( if the difference is to great try to swap the chevy master in place for the yj) just an idea Im sure some one will have a beter way?

·
Registered
679 Posts
You need 1.125" of throw from the slave to operate the clutch. I'm using a 7/8" bore master cyl. and slave ...it works well on my set up.
It all boils down to bore and stroke to get the throw you need, and how long or short of a stroke you want or can get.
I'm using CNC aftermarket parts, and I like a short throw at the pedal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts