Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here is my latest acquisition. Went out and took pics of the orange pickup. It is not exactly a beauty, but at least it is orange.

Didn't think it had springs and axles when I first heard about it, but it does. Gotta love 12 inch lift springs, and the ghetto fab steering (sorry if somone on this board did the build on this but, really....) .

So, the springs are coming off to be sold to help pay for my brother in laws soa on his scout.

He and I are going to tear the engine down and rebuild it.

I need to get a picture of the steering box, Tom M might be interested in that. Haven't even peeked under the hood to see what it looks like, it is too high to see into right now.

I am going to use the 4wd components from this orange one to make my white one a 4wd. That means taking everything from the tranny back, divorce drive shaft, divorce transfer case, tase cross member, front driveline, rear driveline, etc.

Mark A (Rusty) wants the bed, and there has been discussion from the Oregon folk about needing some other pcs. But, as you can see, there is some rust damage, and the cab is not in really great shape.

More pictures are at

http://ftp.vandermeerfp.com.xohost.com/OrangePickup/

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
However, if the mounts were redone, and the angles set up properly, and the steering done right (not sure how "right" would be with that much lift, but cross over definatly, and probably lowering the PS box). The springs are actually a pretty good fit (would fit up to the 2wd spring positions), so big lift Chevy springs (most likely what these springs are) as a good option for lifting old IH PU's... but, with more lift = more arch = stiff ride....

·
Registered
801 Posts
At least he painted and "coated" the frame for you!

So ya wanna sell those killer shock mounts/spring pads!!! I'm always looking for unusual artwork.....

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ROFL

Scoutaholic said:
That's funny. What some guys will build.:laughing: When I say "A guys gota build sh*t" I don't mean the sh*t literally.
I'm sure Hooper will make something usefull out of it.:)
My wife had to come up and see what I was laughing about after that one...

Yeah, it will be the ultimate scoutmobile. Lots of room to haul all our boy scout camping gear all over the wilderness, and the 4wd to get us there and back. Probably have to swap for a bench seat though. Only two seats doesn't make a lot of sense for what I am going to use it for. 3 seats is a lot better...

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Re: ROFL

Hooper said:

Probably have to swap for a bench seat though. Only two seats doesn't make a lot of sense for what I am going to use it for. 3 seats is a lot better...
Dang, Hooper.. I thought you had too many kids already!!

Besides, for that, you need a Travelall.. fold down the back seat and go for the queen sized air mattress. :D

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
WTF your Transfer case cross member it cut at the same place as mine was. I thought it was the PO doing. well chack for cracks mine was getting them and somboy tryed to weld over the crack but thw weld just cracked so I had to do some reinforcing

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.