Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 gmc jimmy s-series, i am trying to get around buying the 1500 dollar lift kit, does anyone know how i can get a few inches of lift out of the front end?i plan to do a spring over in the back, but no idea how to do the front, does anyone have any suggestions?i would really appreciate the help. And also with just a 3'' body lift what is the biggest tires u think i can run? thanks
kyle

·
Registered
192 Posts
With a 3" body lift, I think you could fit a narrow 33" without trimming, and maybe a 10.50 with some minor trimming. The only way you will be able to get around that $1500 lift is to solid axle swap it. I would say you could turn up the torsion bars, but they have so many adverse effects, it wouldn't be worth it. Also with turning up the torsion bars, you don't gain a whole lot of lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what would it take to put a solid axcel?

toyota, how big of a pain in the a$$ would it be to change my s-series jimmy to a solid front axcel?and also, what size axcel and all would i need, could you help me out a little more? u can e-mail me if youd like [email protected]. thanks
kyle

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Don't waste youe money on a 3" BL.. Just ditch the IFS and toss in a solid axle. Then you'll have endless choices for lifting the front end!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
SFA! SFA! SFA! :flipoff2: No I.F.S., ands or buts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have any idea what size?

i realized that would be my best bet, dont know what vehicle to get one off of or what size to be looking for?anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Figure out what your wms to wms is and find something the same or a couple of inches wider. Are those drivers drop or pass drop? A guess off the top of my head would be Scout 44's or EB drivetrain depending on which side yours drops to.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Re: wms

blazin said:
what is wms????

That's why I told you to go ask this stuff over at www.s10-4x4.org

The stuff here is way over your head, and all of your questions are already answered in posts over there.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
:laughing: :laughing:

wms= wheel mounting surface. We all start at step one ;)

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
blazin said:
how do you get wms?
With a tape measure.:rolleyes: Measure from one mounting surface to the other.
Most common axle to use is an '80's Waggoneer for leafs or early Bronco for coils.

Now go to the S10 site & read, read, read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts