Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to lincoln lock my rearend on my 89 toyota V-6 in the next couple of days.
I was wondering exacly where to weld

Does anyone have any pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Most people will tell you that you cant weld the V6 diff because you cant get into it to weld it to the carrier and they are right. However I welded my V6 diff a little differently. I pulled the spider gears out and welded them solid like a mini spool and then reinstalled it. I was worried about the strength of it> I have spared spider gears so I thought I would try it to see if it worked. So far I have over 4,000 miles on it and it hasnt broken yet. Drove it to Florida and back from Nebraska.
I have some pictures but im not shure how to post them yet
Tom

·
Registered
585 Posts
Whatever you do, please do not search there is no information to be had searching it is just a complete waste of time and will not help you or answer this or any future questions you will have.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the V6 carrier bolts together at the pinion shafts. all I had to do was set the welded priders in and bolt it back together again. Im sorry I didnt get more pics of it in the carrier
Tom

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Save up some coin and do it right. I have heard some good and a lot of bad about the ole Lincoln Locker why would you want to take the chance?

I am sure there are other place All-pro was just the easiest to get a link to fast.

All Pro now has a full spool locker for Toyota 8" differentials. These units completely lock the axles together preventing tires from turning independently. Simple, tough and reliable! 4Cyl and 6Cyl carrier applications. Spool Locker $209

Attachments

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
The Joker said:
Save up some coin and do it right. I have heard some good and a lot of bad about the ole Lincoln Locker why would you want to take the chance?
Because I have a bunch of 4.10 third members. And if I need more they're only $50 :D And not only is it cheaper, but much easier to weld it than to install a spool.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
VT_Toy said:

Because I have a bunch of 4.10 third members. And if I need more they're only $50 :D And not only is it cheaper, but much easier to weld it than to install a spool.
and your picture says 4 cyl and he is asking about a V6.

Like Paul I am also a follower of PAT:

Booger Weldz ...pat told me he wouldnt weld up a v6 third for the same reason, no room, if pat dont do it, i wouldnt do it....

Guess I am just a believer in doing it right not twice. :D Just my opinion.

·
Registered
18,896 Posts
Booger Weldz said:
...pat told me he wouldnt weld up a v6 third for the same reason, no room, if pat dont do it, i wouldnt do it....
Who the fuck is pat? Not everyone is on a first-name basis you fucking inconsiderate bastard.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I cant weld for shit and i just welded the 4 points where the spiders touch on each side and just welded the shit out of it.

Hasnt broke yet :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts