Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen this before somewhere, but I can't find it. I am in the middle of building a high performance stroker 4.7L and I want to put roller rockers on it, but I don't want to shell out the $600 for the Mopar rollers. I have seen somewhere before that if you machine the head around the rocker studs, that it will accept the Chevy rollers (much cheaper!). Has anyone done this or know where I can find info on this. I have tried searching here and did a search on google (a quick one, but I searched!) and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would you waste your time or money on roller rockers?
I was just trying to see what was available, and I could remember seeing an article or a thread somewhere where a person put these on the 4.0.

And because I have a couple set's of Chevy roller rocker's, BB and SB style. And I don't always like to follow the norm. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I went to roller rockers on my 4.3L. A good way to get power while adding reliability & lifespan to a motor. Like it was said above, roller rockers eliminate the sliding friction between rocker and valve. That friction force also is a source of wear on the valve/guide, etc.

Good lessons to be garnered from race motor builders. Gven a choice, I'd rather spend money on roller rockers for a motor than a chip or exhaust or other bolt-on. (or is it strap-on?):p

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
Re: Waste?

Cement_guy said:

Lots of reasons to do it............................:flipoff2:
Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig?:flipoff2: .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Re: Waste?

SeaBass44 said:

Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig?:flipoff2: .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8:D
Smug, aren't we.......................

·
Registered
34,264 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Waste?

Cement_guy said:

Smug, aren't we.......................

Define smug..........if it means senseable & funny, why YES I am!:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig? .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8

Ok, so let me get this straight. If someone wants to do something that actually consider's thinking outside the box, then that is not acceptable?? I am sorry if I am not following the normal herd of sheep. I also apologize if I want something different than your standard V8 swap. How hard is it to throw a 350 in something, anything? Maybe, I should just ask what v8 I should put in the Jeep. Would that make you happy? Let me get on my little duckie and follow the row. Ooh, oooh, I wanna a v8. I wanna be like everyone else. Hey, what color is your jeep, I will paint mine the same as well, so I don't get bashed by you. :rolleyes:

This is why people get pissed off when they do search's, cause half the shit in a thread is people whining about why someone would do that and how much of a waste of money it is. So if you don't have anything useful to add, stay the fawk out of the thread. I didn't ask you if it was/wasn't a waste of money, time, or even if it was ok if I did it, I asked is it a possibility. Now, go back to building your Jeep and make sure you use the search button.

Oh, and if you think it is a waste of money, then stop paying taxes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.