Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this before somewhere, but I can't find it. I am in the middle of building a high performance stroker 4.7L and I want to put roller rockers on it, but I don't want to shell out the $600 for the Mopar rollers. I have seen somewhere before that if you machine the head around the rocker studs, that it will accept the Chevy rollers (much cheaper!). Has anyone done this or know where I can find info on this. I have tried searching here and did a search on google (a quick one, but I searched!) and have had no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why would you waste your time or money on roller rockers?
I was just trying to see what was available, and I could remember seeing an article or a thread somewhere where a person put these on the 4.0.

And because I have a couple set's of Chevy roller rocker's, BB and SB style. And I don't always like to follow the norm. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
398 Posts
kpj said:

Thanks for the link. That will be very useful when the time comes. :)
youre welcome!

im thinking of doing them too...espeecially since im into hotrods too and can find them for CHEAP

·
Registered
979 Posts
Sundowner said:
why would you waste your time or money on roller rockers?
Well, because sliding friction heats up the oil and reduces the efficiency of the engine for starters. Roller stuff is cool but not cheap, or the OE's would use them.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I went to roller rockers on my 4.3L. A good way to get power while adding reliability & lifespan to a motor. Like it was said above, roller rockers eliminate the sliding friction between rocker and valve. That friction force also is a source of wear on the valve/guide, etc.

Good lessons to be garnered from race motor builders. Gven a choice, I'd rather spend money on roller rockers for a motor than a chip or exhaust or other bolt-on. (or is it strap-on?):p

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
T1H5_TA3 said:

gm uses roler rockers on some aplications
They use rockers with roller fulcrums in the newer 3100 and 3400 series engines.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quoted from the link:
"This is intended to be used on rocker-shaft type cylinder heads - it won't work on the newer small port heads. "

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Re: Waste?

Cement_guy said:

Lots of reasons to do it............................:flipoff2:
Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig?:flipoff2: .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: Re: Waste?

SeaBass44 said:

Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig?:flipoff2: .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8:D
Smug, aren't we.......................

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Waste?

Cement_guy said:

Smug, aren't we.......................

Define smug..........if it means senseable & funny, why YES I am!:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Read down from the top.................

Geesh already covered it.............................:p

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Name one that is reasonable & makes sence for a 4x4 trail rig? .........there is none, unless you got $ to burn, & are compeating somehow and are dropping all your $ in that motor to the tune of getting every last drop of HP.........nope still makes more sence to swap out to a V8

Ok, so let me get this straight. If someone wants to do something that actually consider's thinking outside the box, then that is not acceptable?? I am sorry if I am not following the normal herd of sheep. I also apologize if I want something different than your standard V8 swap. How hard is it to throw a 350 in something, anything? Maybe, I should just ask what v8 I should put in the Jeep. Would that make you happy? Let me get on my little duckie and follow the row. Ooh, oooh, I wanna a v8. I wanna be like everyone else. Hey, what color is your jeep, I will paint mine the same as well, so I don't get bashed by you. :rolleyes:

This is why people get pissed off when they do search's, cause half the shit in a thread is people whining about why someone would do that and how much of a waste of money it is. So if you don't have anything useful to add, stay the fawk out of the thread. I didn't ask you if it was/wasn't a waste of money, time, or even if it was ok if I did it, I asked is it a possibility. Now, go back to building your Jeep and make sure you use the search button.

Oh, and if you think it is a waste of money, then stop paying taxes.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts