Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and 5brosfab have been pm'ing about the clutch setup I chose so I figured I would post up details on it for informational purposes.

Little diagram I drew with part #'s. You can get them all at summit.

This setup uses a stock ranger master cylinder and a pull style slave cylinder like this one.

It is -3 an hose. Pretty simple to do. I used these websites for info on how to build the lines.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...how-work-stainless-braided-hose-fittings.html

http://classicmotorcycles.about.com/od/technicaltips/ss/How-To-Make-Braided-Brake-Lines.htm

·
Registered
927 Posts
Appriciate the time put in to explain it. Not too keen on hydraulic clutches, this is my first truck without a 4-speed, manual linkage-type dealy-o.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a problem. It needed to be posted somewhere anyway.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Any more specs for us?

Who makes that slave cylinder? Part number?

What trans was this working on? Did you get enough travel from the slave cylinder with the stock master cylinder?

I tried this setup (used a wilwood slave) and it didn't give enough travel to disengage my NP435 based on a comfortable clutch pedal pressure. I moved the mount on the shift fork closer to the pivot point, but it made the pedal very hard to push in.

I'm ordering the wilwood master cylinder they recommend for their slave so I can get the full travel from the slave cylinder and still keep a clutch pedal thats easy to push in.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Any more specs for us?

Who makes that slave cylinder? Part number?

What trans was this working on? Did you get enough travel from the slave cylinder with the stock master cylinder?

I tried this setup (used a wilwood slave) and it didn't give enough travel to disengage my NP435 based on a comfortable clutch pedal pressure. I moved the mount on the shift fork closer to the pivot point, but it made the pedal very hard to push in.

I'm ordering the wilwood master cylinder they recommend for their slave so I can get the full travel from the slave cylinder and still keep a clutch pedal thats easy to push in.
This is the one I got. But I paid 79.95+tax for mine at the local dirt track shop, because I forgot about deez innernets.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Universal-Pull-Type-Slave-Cylinder-7-8-Inch-Bore,783.html

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any more specs for us?<br />
<br />
Who makes that slave cylinder? Part number?<br />
<br />
What trans was this working on? Did you get enough travel from the slave cylinder with the stock master cylinder?<br />
<br />
I tried this setup (used a wilwood slave) and it didn't give enough travel to disengage my NP435 based on a comfortable clutch pedal pressure. I moved the mount on the shift fork closer to the pivot point, but it made the pedal very hard to push in. <br />
<br />
I have yet to finish the install and testing. I went with a e bay slave. Knockoff of the wilwood. Interesting to here about your issues though. I found some of this info on other rbv forums and those guys were having great luck with them. Mike (5brosfab) should be installing his pretty soon and he has a wilwood slave and a np435. Did you build your mount stirdy enough? Sure it isn't flexing when you press the pedal? I plan to build a solid mount with gussets so that there is no flex allowed. I'll have a chance to get back working on it next week, so ill update this thread. The first time I installed it on my t18 my clutch fork was bad. So It was pulling the clutch fork out. I have a new one now just need to pop it back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts