Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '88 XJ lorado w/4.0 that originaly came with the Peugot 5 speed, but know has no tranny or transfer case in it (the XJ was free). I was wanting to switch it over to an automatic and was wondering what I would need and how to do it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
where are you located, I have an 88 I am getting rid of and the engine and trans is already out, all the wiring and computer stuff is still in the jeep free for the taking, I am keeping the engine but will part with the AW4 for a small fee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for the reply, I have a friend that has an auto tranny, T-case, and I think he has the Tranny control module. I can also get the shifter linkage and stuff from a wrecked XJ that he also has.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Makes sure you get the harness that goes from the TCU to the 2 plugs that the AW4 hooks in to. Then there will be about 7 wires from the TCU harness that needs to be hooked up. You will also need the throttle body from the auto jeep, there is no hookup for the TV cable on the 5 speed ones and the TPS has 2 outputs on Renix era jeeps. Also you need a tranny cooler unless your radiator has one. Shifter and shift cables.

I've done an AW4 swap on my YJ and just finishing up one on my sons 90 comanche.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You can also use BrettM's kit...you wont need a TCU.I use one in my trail rig and it works well.

http://awshifting.com

OlyWa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts