Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving at the end of the month and might as well pull the exploder out in the trailer I'll be moving the rest of the contents of the garage with. What's the best way to tie it down with in this trailer? http://www.ugotransport.com/trailer/viewOne/id/251

It'd be different if I had a plethora of tie downs and had the exploder and the trailer in front of me. Unfortunately, they're both 10 hours away from where I'm at and time to go shopping for what would be perfect the perfect tie-down method isn't really an option.

The question is, for those with experience in this particular situation, what's the best set up? (that I can pick up in advance)

Thanks,
Chad.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Over the axles? That's kinda what I was thinking as well. I just hope that god forbid, there's something in the way preventing this. This vehicle is BONE stock and I bought it for the GF, so I'm not familiar with it. Although I'd be towing strictly along a major highway, it would be through the mountains with much of the road frost heaved (still) and some kick ass curves and hills.

Thanks,
Chad.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Get a set of those tow truck frame keys, you can use them to safely tie down damn near anything with a factory frame/unibody. They may be a little more pricey, sell them after the move.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
you may need to be prepared to drill some holes in the floor to appropriately mount some D-rings with bolts going through to the floor.

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
you may need to be prepared to drill some holes in the floor to appropriately mount some D-rings with bolts going through to the floor.
The add said there was etrack and d-rings in the trailer.

I'de also ask the rental place if they had some e-track to D-ring adapters they could add to the rental if the trailer doesn't come with them already.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Isn't e-track rated for 500# per point at most? Better hope for good D-rings.

It looks like there are recessed D-rings in the photo, and the trailer is "ideal for moving vehicles". Call them and ask what the D-rings are rated for (you'd like 4k or 5k) and maybe ask if they rent tiedown straps. You can strap around the back axle, and tie to a lower control arm on each side up front.

·
Registered
60,133 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts