Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to bring about (10) 20' full sticks of 1 3/4 hrew to a buddies place 1/2 hour away freeway driving along with my crawler for some work

With a full size pickup attached to an 18' flat bed trailor missing center section (excpet fo cross bars)(it just has section for tires to roll on) How would you suggest I transport AND secure the tube??

Thanks for all help

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Would you like us to tell you how to strap down your buggy too.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cut it into pieces small enough to fit in the cab of the truck.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cut it into pieces small enough to fit in the cab of the truck.:flipoff2:
For waht we are doing it would be best to keep them full sticks...can't cut:shaking: otherwise they would be in 10' stick and in my bed

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
i don't know if this will help or not since you said 10 sticks, and this is 11 sticks. the same principle might work with 10, i've never tried tho, so you'de be doing it at your own risk. if it was me, and i had 10 sticks instead of 11, i would probably still do it this way. good luck on this tricky little project.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I have to bring about (10) 20' full sticks of 1 3/4 hrew to a buddies place 1/2 hour away freeway driving along with my crawler for some work

With a full size pickup attached to an 18' flat bed trailor missing center section (excpet fo cross bars)(it just has section for tires to roll on) How would you suggest I transport AND secure the tube??

Thanks for all help

Are you fucking serious? Can you wipe your own ass?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
For waht we are doing it would be best to keep them full sticks...can't cut:shaking: otherwise they would be in 10' stick and in my bed
Step 1) ratchet straps

Step 2) the end.

I didn't think this was that difficult. :confused:

edit: for more than 1 stick, be sure to use a ratchet strap for each stick, and put the hook in the end of each tube. This ensures maximum safetivity.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I did that and got shit from the cops for having stuff hang off the back of my trailer. So I said fine and put them up in the back of my truck, with the backs way out in the air, but my trailer was under them. Drove away in front of the cop like that too. They were great untill I turned tight corners, they then stuck out like a "death rod" to drivers near by.

I think if you just have it hang off the back of your trailer put something red on the tips, that should make it legal.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Post a picture of the tow rig, buggy and tubing.We will tell you how to load the buggy and tubing. Then we will give you driving tips. Then once were all done we will tell you how to unload everything.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Step 1. Switch metal shops to one with free delivery
Step 2. Beer
Step 3. Beer
Step 4. Repeat steps 2-3 as needed.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
i don't know if this will help or not since you said 10 sticks, and this is 11 sticks. the same principle might work with 10, i've never tried tho, so you'de be doing it at your own risk. if it was me, and i had 10 sticks instead of 11, i would probably still do it this way. good luck on this tricky little project.

Yea, like, nice try Rob. There's no freakin' way that's gonna work with 10 sticks instead of 11 :shaking:

·
Registered
6,110 Posts

Thanks for all help
Before you transport ANYTHING I think you should consult the Wizard!

If I only had a....

·
Registered
299 Posts
this guy is a tool, if he cant tie his tubing down how the hell is he goin to figure out how to cut and cope it to fit into his buggy .... i want to see a picture of this sweet buggy :flipoff2:

·
Registered
299 Posts

Thanks for all help

this works REALLY good just set all the tube on the ground and drive over it then lift it all up to your axles and duck tape them to secure it to the bottom side of your axles
:shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

Fail. That can get shitty in a hurry for you

·
Registered
370 Posts
Better buy that "11th stick" just to be sure it works.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts