Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two ways to do this:
1. Pay VS to become a premium member, go to Pirate 4x4 and check the "Enable Focused Reading Mode and hide the right column" box

2. Install AdBlock Plus (Ublock Origin works as well, but needs a different filter) and follow the directions below for free:
Screenshot (numbers match the steps below the screenshot):

1. Right click on ABP icon
2. Click on Options
3. Click on Advanced
4. Paste "||pirate4x4.com##.california-thread-sidebar.sidebar.hide-mw-responsiveWide" (everything between the quotes, but not the quotes themselves) into the box below "My Filter List"
5. Click on +ADD
6. Sidebar, what sidebar?

Aaron Z

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Didnt work for me on firefox. :confused:

Edit: I was however able to use the "block element" feature of Ad Block to make it disappear!

Edit 2: Get rid of the || at the beginning of the string you listed and it works for me. "pirate4x4.com##.california-thread-sidebar.sidebar.hide-mw-responsiveWide "

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt work for me on firefox. :confused:

Edit: I was however able to use the "block element" feature of Ad Block to make it disappear!

Edit 2: Get rid of the || at the beginning of the string you listed and it works for me. "pirate4x4.com##.california-thread-sidebar.sidebar.hide-mw-responsiveWide "
Interesting, must be a difference in how the Chrome and FF versions of ABP handle rules.

Aaron Z

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you do this on an iPad?
Not sure, the only iPads that I have access to are locked down school ones. It looks like you will probbaly need to install "AdBlock Plus for Safari".

Aaron Z

1 - 6 of 6 Posts