Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this is chit chat a while back - use google advanced search. Its better than this boards search feature even when it was working..
here is a snippet of that message:
...Until this is fixed, you can search pirate using googles "advanced search feature". Go to google, to the right of the search box in really small text find advanced search. type in your search words or "phrase". then - most important step -find 'domain' and make sure its set to 'only' enter http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ in the text box to the left -> click search.

I have found this to work much better than the Pirate search.

example - search 'hydraulic tube bender' on pirate see what you get. Seach on google ADVANCED SEARCH, this is what you get:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&...w.pirate4x4.com/forum/&as_rights=&safe=images

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I don't think google updates quite as often if you are looking for recent threads, but otherwise it's a great tool.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
sloman said:
I posted this is chit chat a while back - use google advanced search. Its better than this boards search feature even when it was working..
here is a snippet of that message:
Thanks man. Greatly appreciated.

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
TheBandit said:
I don't think google updates quite as often if you are looking for recent threads, but otherwise it's a great tool.
I believe that is correct. I sure appreciate that sloman provided a workaround while Lance and Bill work on the long-term solution.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
steveh said:
I believe that is correct. I sure appreciate that sloman provided a workaround while Lance and Bill work on the long-term solution.
you can also enter pirate4x4 as one of the search terms and then you dont have to use the domain option. Works well for TDR too, where you cant search without paying for a subscription to their site and magazine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
actually, all you have to do is throw the phrase "site:www.pirate4x4.com/forum" into your search somewhere

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.