Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the full width chevy axles installed, and am running 15" rims with a 2.75bs, tires are 37x13. Width is 88" sidewall to sidewall. 88" is damn wide when you've been at 68" forever. How wide is your Scout sidewall to sidewall?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
74 in front and 75 out back.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a couple pics, also added a few of the 14bt with the disc brakes

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
Rusty w/ 42s on Hummer beadlocks and DRW D60 up front was 87.5" The back end, which was a 14-bolt w/ same wheels/tires was more like 78ish ~ dont' remember exactly how wide it was.

Here are a couple pictures of Rusty besides a Scout II w/ SOA on stock axles and 33x12.50s

·
Registered
645 Posts
Here are a couple pics, also added a few of the 14bt with the disc brakes

How long you think your rear brake lines are gonna last?

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Sidewall to sidewall I'm about 87" front and 78" rear. That with a dodge dually front and Box Van 14Bolt rear and stock HWMVV wheels and tires in the 36" vareity. I'm sure I'll pick up some more width when I get around to buying real tires.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I'm 79" wide now and was 88" for years, you'll get used to it just fine.... I assume you don't have any kind of traction bar? If not I would box in those spring perches.

·
Banned
5,282 Posts
How long you think your rear brake lines are gonna last?
Whats wrong with them?
:confused: Nothing from what I can see. Are you worried about the soft line getting caught on something? I've never had any problems with the shorty brake lines from the housing to the caliper.

Speaking of which, Jeff ~ is that one of your e-brake systems?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
:confused: Nothing from what I can see. Are you worried about the soft line getting caught on something? I've never had any problems with the shorty brake lines from the housing to the caliper.

Speaking of which, Jeff ~ is that one of your e-brake systems?
Same here Damian. I've been mounting brakelines like this for many years. Yet to hear back from any of them saying the brakeline got caught on something.

The ebrake kit came from Gubni here on the board. Its a decent kit but has its flaws. As you can see the calipers are mounted upside down. Mounting them on the correct sides would have put the ebrake cables in a spot likely to be torn off. So we swapped the calipers from side to side in order to get the cables on top. Makes bleeding a pain in the ass slightly but how often are the brakes going to get bled? The brackets on the calipers suck as well. The parking brake lever does not line up with the cable bracket so modification was needed there as well. Also, the kit should come with new wheel studs or least a part # for the correct studs. Had to come here to the board to research the correct studs to use - and even then we had to add extra knurling to the studs to make them fit tight. It was nice to be able to use a stock Scout II rear park brake cable to hook everything up though.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

·
Registered
645 Posts
Whats wrong with them?
Just thought that on the trail sticks and such could easily get caught in a loose line. I actually looks to be behind the axle tube is why I thought that.

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
What Hi-Steer kit did you use? Rig looks good, I'm rinning the same setup as you but with 2" back spacing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine's at 83", 35s on 16x8 wheels. I didn't want to stick out that far. Found these wheels used off a late model chevy and worked out good.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Just thought that on the trail sticks and such could easily get caught in a loose line. I actually looks to be behind the axle tube is why I thought that.
Depending on the kind of wheeling you do this is a legit concern. I know on my rig they wouldn't last a day, for others they may be OK forever....

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Depending on the kind of wheeling you do this is a legit concern. I know on my rig they wouldn't last a day, for others they may be OK forever....
I guess it will be just fine considering the only wheeling I do is from behind my computer screen. When I do get to drive it there are no major obstacles to worry about in the garage, but it is tricky parking it in there now that it's grown :p.

Wishing I was a hardcore wheeler from NorCal

1 - 20 of 45 Posts