Pirate 4x4 banner

541 - 560 of 635 Posts
15,447 Posts
I work for a Sand and Gravel, asphalt, concrete and construction Company.
One of the owners told us a Trillion dollar road and bridge infrastructure construction stimulus bill is next. So business will stay good for us.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Have had no work since first week of march. Current work/staffing protections will be reevaluated monthly. In the mean time i am getting tons of projects done around the house!

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Sewer plant manager. Had a training conference cancel. We aren't even staffed 24/7 and can run our entire plant remotely other than solids handling because it has a boiler we have to be on site to monitor. I'm scrambling to get my training hours now, but otherwise, we'll keep separating water from shit either from home or on site. Our maintenance may fall behind though. Wife works in med. She is likely to be at work for the rest of the month. :flipoff2:
My job has become primarily facilitator for my crew. Hunting up PPE for my people is a bitch. Getting parts to keep this shit eater working is not easy either. I also do a lot of babysitting and reminding people to keep their distance from each other and a fuckton of scanning and emailing invoices to accounting. Oh yeah I get to run around with a bottle of sanitizer 8 times a day cleaning all touch surfaces. Happy to be employed, but I never expected this. On the plus side, our town was called out as a hot spot and none of my people are infected yet and we are considered high risk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Work has slowed down for the past two days, perhaps waiting on suppliers to provide product. Who knows, as it is it was half of what I typically deliver in a day.

We are to start new 9hr schedules starting Sunday so it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Our entire outfit is going to four day workweek. Believe we are at 36 routes daily.

Wife and I are getting a lot caught up around the house, got the garage close to reorganized. Plenty left to keep us both busy, beats lounging and TV crap all day long.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Latest word is we're going back the 18th. I think they're being optimistic. Bet we don't.

·
Slow
1,118 Posts
I may be out of work. I am a Union operating engineer in 15D NYC. If it happens it happens. I will side job if needed, pay my taxes and keep muddling/ muttling along. Nothing is ever easy except for quitting. I hope to make it through this just like everyone else.

·
Premium Member
16,677 Posts
Hospitals seems to hiring like mad around here.

Still boat loads of work for me, no extra pay but I get paid for stuff like this, can't complain any.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wife just got an email that her employer is going to be furloughing a ton of people. She's a nurse and the employer is the hospital....the HOSPITAL is so slow their revenue is down 35% and they are having to furlough a large chunk of their workforce. This whole thing smells shitty

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Wife just got an email that her employer is going to be furloughing a ton of people. She's a nurse and the employer is the hospital....the HOSPITAL is so slow their revenue is down 35% and they are having to furlough a large chunk of their workforce. This whole thing smells shitty
Same here, lots of hospitals cutting staff due to suspension of any non-emergency related procedures.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Boss just let me know he furloughed everyone in our department except me and another guy. So a crew of 10 is now down to 3. He also let us know even though we've only been working 6hr days, they'll be paying us for 8. Curious to see what next week brings.

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
Same here, lots of hospitals cutting staff due to suspension of any non-emergency related procedures.
^what Jeepmat said

The focus is Corona treatment, preparedness, containment, etc. Nobody is getting that knee replacement or gastric bypass anytime soon.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
My work pretty much just dried up.

Have a few client's seeking me out, and we're working thru things online, but for the most part, I'm outta work in a bad way.

Time to secure a new channel of business. :(

·
Premium Member
11,147 Posts
The focus is Corona treatment, preparedness, containment, etc. Nobody is getting that knee replacement or gastric bypass anytime soon.
My sister went to the hospital at noon yesterday, had a baby at 2 PM, and was home with the kid this morning. Helluva turnaround time :eek: they didn't want her there a minute longer than absolutely needed.

541 - 560 of 635 Posts