Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried emailing a few companys but have never gotten any replies perhaps someone here can help. How can someone in the USA get their hands on a set of Simex brand tires? Without paying way too much?

Like these:

I know the largest tire is like 35x11.5 but figure if I could get some at a decent price I'd like to try them out.

·
For Kayla
25,333 Posts
those are simtek tires, right? probably the easiest thing to do would be to get an Australia boy (i think they have them there, but not sure) to get a set for you and ship them here. That would be the easiest, but they would have to clear customs first. Probably would take about a month from initial purchase to actually getting them, if not longer. Other than that, just try emailing some overseas dealers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
They are planning to bring them to the US...pending DOT approval. I spoke with them last year. I know someone in Australia if you really got to have some...could be put on a boat...spendy though.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TJ Fan said:
They are planning to bring them to the US...pending DOT approval. I spoke with them last year. I know someone in Australia if you really got to have some...could be put on a boat...spendy though.
Can't wait for them to get here. The $$ it takes to get 'em here is the only problem.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I had a set of these -second hand, worn- in Venezuela and they worked great on mud, but I don't see them being too good on rocks. Expensive, not available in big sizes. If you're going to order them and plan to use them hard, might as well order six of them, because if you tear one up replacements will be unobtanium.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
buy some boggers and a groover....you could get close to that for a lot less $

just an :idea:

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Know anyone who travels??

I've taken Jeep parts and Harley parts as checked luggage to customers in Europe- Tires, soft tops- our stuff is pricey over there.:eek:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StupidTrooper said:
buy some boggers and a groover....you could get close to that for a lot less $

just an :idea:
That wouldn't be the same.... I don't like fat tires and a 35x14.5 bogger is too wide for me. The Simex ones are 35x11.5. If Interco were to make a 35x12.5 bogger I'd do it.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Check this shit out, if its a repost sorry, was looking for ol boys Simex;s, and found this

http://www.bronco4x4.com/sport.html
Wonder if Interco knows someones got their molds?

"The Grizzly Claw from Bronco is a new concept in rough terrain tyres. It is equally at home on the highway, but with it's open self cleaning tread pattern and patented triple lug system combined with sidewall biters - Claw your way through mud, swamps bogs and over rocks. With re-inforced sidewalls for added protection with 19mm of tread depth it all adds up to a truly 'World Beating' retread from Bronco."

Heres your Simex's;

Simex Extreme Trekker

35.10.50R15 EXTREME TREKKER
Price: £193.81

Simex Jungle Trekker II
34.11.50R15JUNGLETREKKER
£157.63

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
From looking at their web site, looks like they also popped a BFG M/T KM, BFG AT KO, Geolander MT, and Dueler MT. Guess the tread is changed a little so they can get by with copying someone else's tread design.

·
Registered
671 Posts
www.simex4x4.com
http://www.simex4x4.com/technical.html

All prices are in Australian dollars and include freight to all capital cities

For North American inquiries, these prices include the cost of freight to all capital cities only (min 4 tyres) This is not a door to door service. Customs and quarantine clearance is required in the USA.

Unless insurance is requested, goods are dispatched at customer’s own risk

those grizzly claws look mean as hell...
peace
Jw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts