Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
dunno about the howe so maybee i should just STFU..

In my hydro system
-stock pump
-char-lynn orbital
-double ended ram

dextron III ATF fluid :D

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sceep said:
dunno about the howe so maybee i should just STFU..

In my hydro system
-stock pump
-char-lynn orbital
-double ended ram

dextron III ATF fluid :D
I was going to just do ATF too because I have run it in GMpumps forever but when a pump runs a man 300 buck he thinks twice.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
lol.. yep.. i understand 100% :D

Thats what the hydraulics shop i deal with locally recomended for my setup....

Once again I'll STFU ;)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Howe will "nut up" if you run ATF. I have talked to him before and he said that is the worst thing you could do to a PS pump.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
KYODER said:
Howe will "nut up" if you run ATF. I have talked to him before and he said that is the worst thing you could do to a PS pump.
Yeah, that was what he told me also. He likes Genuine GM Goodwrench PS fluid, and one other that I can't remember. I may still have the part numbers at home somewhere.

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
You can use AF but i'd recommend not to. It hardens up the seals in everything
Best thing to use is a synthetic PS fluid or just regular PS fluid is still better than ATF

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Matt, do you know who makes a full synthetic PS fluid, and/or who sells it? I've been wanting to switch my DD Dodge over, hoping it would eliminate some of the cold-weather screwy brakes issue, but all I've been able to find is blended.

Pete

·
Registered
195 Posts
The people who manufacture Howes pumps say goodwrench p.s.fluid or 10wt hyd.oil no atf.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I run the howe system and they told me to run the gm p/s fluid so thats what I did !!!!!! and it is still working.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
jstadrx said:
I run the howe system and they told me to run the gm p/s fluid so thats what I did !!!!!! and it is still working.
I've driven this jackasses Jeep. :D It's the damn smoothest steering non-hydro assist rig I've ever driven!

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
royal purple or redline are good synthetics. But if you don't want to go that way then the GM PS fluid is by far the best PS fluid out there. If you look hard enough you'll notice that most racing companies that sell PS fluid just sell GM fluid with thier sticker on the bottle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts