Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
I have tried before to find this out, but unless someone can prove otherwise, AGR is still using the brass/bronze bushing as the primary means of support for the lower end of the sector shaft. That is a crap way of doing it and the one on my very custom AGR unit cracked in half after only a few trips through the Hammers.

Lee MFG took the steering gear apart and showed the cracked part to me. He solves the problem by machining the bore for caged needle bearings and running three of them. I don't know if this is standard for Station and/or Howe (I suspect it is as they are both quality minded places) but if you want crap, go ahead and hook yourself up with some AGR stuff.

·
Team RedNeck
786 Posts
Your right AGr's bronze bushing idea is a patch that doesn't work very good. Other than the fact that they are still using the factory bearing in the sector they also have to move it up to make room for the bushing which in turn makes it even weaker.
Personnalyy i use an oversize heavy duty caged needle bearing. i only use 1 oversized one instead of three small ones. But as long as lee is upgrading that is all that matters i guess.

In a month or three i will be selling a product to fit Jeeps and Chevys and soon there after to fit Toy's that will fix that problem in all of those.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Matt, from Factory Tubular , who manned their booth at SuperCrawl was extremely knowledagle about the Howe line they sell.
They presented Amy Bullock a $200 gift certificate Howe had up for grabs at that contest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts