Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP d 44 that is missing from the spindle out. Everything else is there (housing, 3.54(?) gears, carrier, inners and outers, caliper brackets, etc.) I do have the stock spindles but they are a little beat. I just picked this up but changed my mind and am thinking another direction. I'm asking $150 OBO and I'm in Fresno. And this is the housing that the Cs can be easily cut off.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
PASS OR DRIVER SIDE DROP?

wms? oR WHAT IS IT FROM OR INTENDED FOR?

SPRUNG UNDER OR OVER?

PICS?

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure what the WMS is since it was missing rotors when I got it. I believe it is from a F-250 since I've heard that only the F-250's had the welded on C brackets. It is a Driver drop. It was from a Ford and was coil sprung. Again the C brackets are of the type that can be cut off easily! My assumption is '78 or '79 Ford pickup.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might ship in pieces but don't have time to make up a pallot and deal with it all. If you are going to cut the tubes anyway, let me know and maybe we can work it out.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Where are you at in Fresno.

I'd like to come take a look.

I'll PM you.

Thanks, Daniel

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm at Palm and Shields. I work on the north end of town but I'm usually home around 4:30.

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
part it?

freds40 said:
Not sure what the WMS is since it was missing rotors when I got it. I believe it is from a F-250 since I've heard that only the F-250's had the welded on C brackets. It is a Driver drop. It was from a Ford and was coil sprung. Again the C brackets are of the type that can be cut off easily! My assumption is '78 or '79 Ford pickup.
F-250's were leaf sprung. '78-'79 Full-size Bronco's had cast-in brackets...so what you've got it most probably from a '78 or '79 F150. If you're interested in parting it out, I could sure use just one of the spindles.

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
What is it ?

Have you decided what you have ?
78-79 will have cast outers with integrated "C's", whichare not desirable for swaping into any vehicle that does not use the c-bushings.
77 and earlier housings use steel tubes with the "C" brackets welded on to the tube. 76-77 axles will have disks.

Do you have a 76-77 or a 78-79 ?

F250's will be leaf sprung and low pinion...

If it is a 77 or earlier, I have a buyer that will pick up.

Let me know...

kris.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not positive on year as I don't do Ford stuff. It has the "Cs" welded to the tubes, not cast. It was a disc braked axle as I have the caliper mounts that came off it. PM me if he's serious and I'll get ya my phone number.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Can you get me the Bill Of Materials number off of it? I can tell you exactly what it is from. And if you want to part it, I'll take the caliper brackets & backing plates if you still have them.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the BOM is 6100024 1R

At this point I'm not going to part it. I'll keep ya in mind if I decide to though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts