Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are installing a HP D44 in to a 2001 TJ and want to do a High steering on it but every thing looks as if it will hit thr sway bar, any Ideas any writeups?
R/T

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Get a hold of some 3/16" or 1/4" plate and make new brackets going around the steering. Just measure everything out with the new steering in place and work around it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
troyman said:
Get a hold of some 3/16" or 1/4" plate and make new brackets going around the steering. Just measure everything out with the new steering in place and work around it.
x2....if your going to fab up a new axle and steering you should be about to fab some new sb mounts...I think even a few companies make pre-made brackets. Good luck.

·
Registered
527 Posts
jks manufacturing. i'm using their brackets to clear my over the knuckle steering. it's really tight on the passenger side and i had to brace the sway bar bracket and it's still slowly bending, but it's better than no sway bar bc it's my dd.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well I am doing a HP44 swap and my issues with a high steer was not the swapbar links but the RE trackbar bracket. I am about to the point where I am going to make a new bracket. I have already had clearance issues with the tierod hitting the bracket.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forum...ad.php?t=722094

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,800 Posts
wildman4x4nut said:
Well I am doing a HP44 swap and my issues with a high steer was not the swapbar links but the RE trackbar bracket. I am about to the point where I am going to make a new bracket. I have already had clearance issues with the tierod hitting the bracket.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forum...ad.php?t=722094
You will need to move the trackbar, or you will have excessive bumpsteer.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,800 Posts
If you run highsteer and the OEM trackbar mount, you will like likely have bumpsteer. If you have moved the frame end of the trackbar or the steering box it may be possible to cure the bumpsteer, possibly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts