Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im puttin a HP D60 in the front of my YJ. Its out of a 95ish f350 with ball joints. anyone have info on the spring mount on the drivers side cast in to the diff. Does it work as is, do i have to buy 5 disks and grind away. has any one done a similair swap??? any info would help thanx

·
El Presidente
6,519 Posts
I don't really understand your question.Are you asking if you can run it as is Meaning not having to move the spring pearches?.If that's your question,yes you can.You will just need to outboard your spring hangers.Weld them outside your frame rails and make a new front hanger.Your springs will work fine on the existing pearches.Blue Torch Fab makes a nice kit to run full widths and so does Poison Spyder.Good luck!.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Other option if you don't want to outboard (but it is more work)
Cut 5.5" off the passengers side. Spring mounts are 36.5 - YJ is 31". No way to move the Pass side mount 2.75 into the pumpkin.

·
Premium Member
1,378 Posts
87YJ said:
Other option if you don't want to outboard (but it is more work)
Cut 5.5" off the passengers side. Spring mounts are 36.5 - YJ is 31". No way to move the Pass side mount 2.75 into the pumpkin.
you mean driverside mount

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
marcog said:
im puttin a HP D60 in the front of my YJ. Its out of a 95ish f350 with ball joints. anyone have info on the spring mount on the drivers side cast in to the diff. Does it work as is, do i have to buy 5 disks and grind away. has any one done a similair swap??? any info would help thanx
Just my 2 cents but here you go.
Sell it. Find a 60 out of a 78 to 79 Ford. The spring centers are much closer. Just redrill the pads and slide it under the stock spring location under the YJ. Cut a couple spacer plates to fit between the u-bolts and the side of the spring pack, and run it. The spring pad center to center difference is not that far, and the pads are made to fit 3" wide springs. So if you use the stock size 2 1/2" spring then a drill and a couple spacer plates is all that is needed. Just remember, the punkin is closer to the center of the axle so front driveline clearance to the tranny pan needs to be looked at. Before I built my buggy this was what I was planning with the YJ and the 60 that I have.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. i never thought of outboarding the perches for some reason. the only worry i have though is streangth. it seems like by flexin the suspension, the outboard perches would twist and eventually break. anyone have some first hand experiance with this solution. thoughts, comment, any pics....thinkin of doin it myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts