• shaddap ya poser

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, driveline angle's not an issue, both shaf'ts are 34ish inches long, do you think it's worth the extra coin to get HP center's or would you just run standard cuts?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If strength is your major concern, HP front, LP rear, the way it was meant to be.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I just went standard cut, and cut and turned the knuckles so I would have a good drive shaft angle. , But High pinion is kick ass in the front.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
my rear pinion is 21" off the ground. nuff said

·
Registered
444 Posts
HP front and rear, can't have too much driveline clearance.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
In that light weight thing of yours strength should not be a big issue. It's also low enough that pinion u joint angles should also not matter much. Just buy STD axles and point the pinion up a bit. Not as much clearance as HP but should be fine.:)

·
Registered
903 Posts
BadAZYj said:
HP front, LP rear. Yet all my scratches are on the front shaft??? HMMMM:confused:
Cuz you can't drive, Helen Keller!

By the time the obstacle gets to the rear shaft, you are on the end of a cable, or stacking rocks!
:flipoff2: :p

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Binder said:
In that light weight thing of yours strength should not be a big issue. It's also low enough that pinion u joint angles should also not matter much. Just buy STD axles and point the pinion up a bit. Not as much clearance as HP but should be fine.:)

thank's Rick, that was kind of my thought too, and since i'm also maxed out @ 5.38 in teh HP, and with my 1.6l motor, a slightly lower gear might be nice :D

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
yldkat said:

Cuz you can't drive, Helen Keller!

By the time the obstacle gets to the rear shaft, you are on the end of a cable, or stacking rocks!
:flipoff2: :p
Whatever Bill:rolleyes: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
High pinion,,,, all the way.

My HP 44 rear with little ol 35 inch tires has the driveshaft at 22 inches off the ground..

YOU CAN"T GO WRONG.... wait didn't I hear Jeff Fretwell say that in a Video....

:blender: :skull:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts