Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I put chevy 6 lug outers on a HP44, will it change the width? If so, how much? I know it will with the 8 lug, but can't find anything about the 6 lug. How much of the chevy stuff will have to be used, would I have to change the outer axle? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Maybe about 1/2" or so, but who gives a fuck? Just run them. A little difference in track width doesn't hurt anything.

When I changed to 6 lug, I ran the Ford knuckles (now Dodge for high steer) Chevy spindle, caliper brackets, calipers, inner axle shafts, hubs and rotors. I never bothered to check a difference in track width, really didn't care.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Cahdealme said:
If I put chevy 6 lug outers on a HP44, will it change the width? If so, how much? I know it will with the 8 lug, but can't find anything about the 6 lug. How much of the chevy stuff will have to be used, would I have to change the outer axle? Thanks for any help.
I do know when you go from Chevy 6 lug to 8 lug the width changes about 2 1/2 in. Yes you will need to change the outter shafts the fords are a little shorter. Use all the chevy stuff from the knuckle out should be a straight swap.....:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts