Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hp60 complete king pin style. I am going to part it out for everything minus the housing. What is the rest of it worth?

knuckles,
"C's" off housing,
brakes,
rotors,
axle shafts,
inners,
outers,
spindles,
hubs,
carriers,
gears,
backing plates,

I wish I could find just a housing for cheap.. any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
a few minutes researching our for sale boards will answer all your questions. but like anything else in life. it is worth what somebody is willing to pay and you are will to sell it for.

why in the world would you want a "cheap" housing ? if you want cheap then pick another axle like a model 20. they are plenty cheap.

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
there is a pretty good reason why hp60 are expensive and model 20's are "cheap". :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hey pm me some info will you big97redtj. I'm in the same boat. Do you offer full float versions?

·
Hello Govna
2,878 Posts
bulfrog3 said:
I have a hp60 complete king pin style. I am going to part it out for everything minus the housing. What is the rest of it worth?

knuckles,
"C's" off housing,
brakes,
rotors,
axle shafts,
inners,
outers,
spindles,
hubs,
carriers,
gears,
backing plates,

I wish I could find just a housing for cheap.. any help would be appreciated. thanks

============

what year axle is it?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
b2dude said:
i thought you needed a low pinion front to make a high pinion rear...am i missing something
Yes. Please go look at your rig, look at the way the driveshafts spin, and then get back to us.

Best,
Bob

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You need a HP front to make a HP rear. Never heard of taking a LP front and flipping it. You would burn it up without the correct oiling.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
bulfrog3 said:
You need a HP front to make a HP rear. Never heard of taking a LP front and flipping it. You would burn it up without the correct oiling.
There is more to it than that.:D You kind of left out the it will turn in reverse part so oiling wnat be a problem because your front and rear will be turning different directions so you won't go far.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
b2dude said:
i thought you needed a low pinion front to make a high pinion rear...am i missing something
Ha! That is one of the funnist thing sI have read on here in awhile! :smokin: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
eh...yeah i was just thinkin about how a high pinion front would be turing the wrong way if you put it in the back. look at me i'm soooo stupid :laughing: you guys are fags

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
You just gotta get one of those "reverse rotation driveshafts" to go with your "reverse rotation" gearsets.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That will make everything work out..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts